PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer

rtjm
04-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Hello fellow simmer

I registered several weeks ago but it's my first post.
I live in Antananarivo, Madagascar (remember the cartoon?). I will turn 32 next month, with a wife and a kid (hopefully the 2nd will come before the end of the year).
Aviation addicted since childhood and Fs enthusiast since 1995 (played everything from FS3 to FSX, xplane, Fly, ATP and airline simulator).

I have +10 years of working for the national airline as an IT staff, with many flights in the observer seat and one flight at the right seat of a DHC6, flying it manually from takeoff to 1000ft before landing.

My airline operates mainly B733s and B763s, with ATR72-500, ATR42-500 and 42-300 as well and still have 4 operationnal DHC6-300.

It's a natural choice for me to aim at building a 737 classic cockpit or something around LDS but I'm exploring all the possibilities before putting more money in it (still glad my wife will never see the topic of the desperate housewives of sim guys). But a B200 or an ATR are also serious options.

Bob Reed
04-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Hello rtjm.Welcome to the crazy factory! And the sickness grows! All I can say as far as deciding on a AC is to pick the one you REALLY want to build. Don't let anyone talk you into something you are not sure about! Remember there are always compromises and just have fun! Let me ask you what do you find yourself flying the most?

Trevor Hale
04-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi And Welcome.

Madagascar.. The Island off Africa.

It is great to see you here, and thanks for joining. Your options are what you make of them. Just choose something that you will enjoy flying.

As for your wife not reading those posts, You could invite her to join in, however we are not responsible for what she becomes.. LOL

Please post pictures of your progress and feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Best regards,

Trev