PDA

View Full Version : Research / info on PC based simulation

NicD
04-17-2007, 02:50 AM
This is a request for some assistance. I'm just finishing a masters degree in education and I'm currently doing some study that lets me pick the topic, research it and write a (long!) paper about it (a literature review in academic jargon).

So what topic to pick? Given my interests here, and building a full-size sim, I've selected 'Transference of PC based simulation to aviation training: advantages and disadvantages’

Should be interesting, but the challenge is finding sufficient literature to review (i.e. papers, surveys, reports, interviews, presentations etc.). I'm most interested in what the aviation industry's views are on the use of PC based simulators (flying and ATC) and their effects on actual training and competency on-the-job.

So if you know of any resources you can point me too, or people who might be able to help, I'd be grateful for some help. Feel free to post here or PM me. There will be an acknowledgements section in the paper ;) , and the paper will be freely released after it's completed

cheers,
Nic

PaulEMB
04-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Nic,

I found a lot of useful stuff on various government sites - search for simulators on www.faa.gov for example, and you can find presentations from the simulator working group fo the FAA and UK CAA.
I also got checklists and requirements for simulator certification etc.

Worth a look!
(And good luck with the paper! ;)

NicD
04-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks muchly Paul - I'll check them out.