PDA

View Full Version : Phidgets LED64 and PMSystems

Hans Krohn
04-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi guys,

I need help:
What needs to be written in the phidgets.txt file in pmsystems? I am looking for precise info on syntax, variables, etc., or at least a "how-to" introduction based on a working setup.

All info I found sofar about the subject seems to be the result of hit and miss approaches and experiments. Unfortunately, I could not find help on the magenta website.

Any advice appreciated.
Hans

Bob Reed
04-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey Hans, did you turn Phidgets on in PMSystem? That should give you a Phidgets txt file.

dnoize
04-15-2007, 10:13 AM
you only need to make an empty phidgets.txt file. Save it in pmsystems root dir.

then restart pmsystems, enable hardware and you will see the phidgets.txt has changed and has automatically recognized your boards by serial number and in- and outputs.
A brief introduction is givven inthe textfile. from there it is basically foolproof. I dont use phidgets anymore, but if you need any more info, just give me us a yell. I think i still have my phidgets file still on my harddrive somewhere

Stef

joaquim Sa Nogueira
04-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi Stef,

You wrote

you only need to make an empty phidgets.txt file. Save it in pmsystems root dir.

then restart pmsystems, enable hardware and you will see the phidgets.txt has changed and has automatically recognized your boards by serial number and in- and outputs.
A brief introduction is givven inthe textfile. from there it is basically foolproof. I dont use phidgets anymore, but if you need any more info, just give me us a yell. I think i still have my phidgets file still on my harddrive somewhere

Stef

I wonder if you could send me a copy of your phidgets.txt file. It surely will help me in understanding the logics behind it.
Thanks
Joaquim

ekezz
04-30-2007, 01:18 PM
As it turns out I still have a copy of the phidgets.txt from dnoize (Stef)
I'll put it in the Download Library section Project Magenta.
Very instructive, this file, thanks Stef!
Use it as reference only as your own Phidgets boards will have different identification number for the board itself.

CocnutAir
05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Let us know when download is available.

Has anyone heard how MattO's move is going ?

Bob Reed
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Let us know when download is available.

Has anyone heard how MattO's move is going ?

Hey Alan, What do you mean "when download is available?" Should be now. And Matt's move is going well. Should be back on here soon.

ekezz
05-01-2007, 03:06 PM
The download was there 5 minutes after my post. So go grab it :)

dnoize
05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
As it turns out I still have a copy of the phidgets.txt from dnoize (Stef)
I'll put it in the Download Library section Project Magenta.
Very instructive, this file, thanks Stef!
Use it as reference only as your own Phidgets boards will have different identification number for the board itself.

All credits to the PM team btw !
They are the ones that made it so easy to use Phidgets with PMsystems.

All i did was fill it in for a partially wired overhead.

Stef