PDA

View Full Version : 737 Stab Trim switches & FSUIPC

Polmer
04-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Hello,

I have a manual trim wheel working, but was thinking of adding the stab trim switches( electric & Autopilot). I have looked for the FSUIPC offsets, but cannot find these.

Do these functions working thru fsuipc generic offsets?

Thanks,

Polmer

Michael Carter
04-14-2007, 11:35 AM
I have them working through FSUIPC, but I didn't program any off-sets. I just assigned the command to the switches.

Elevator Trim Nose-Up
Elevator Trim Nose-Down

Are you using PM?

Polmer
04-14-2007, 09:08 PM
I am currently using the Project magenta Regional Jet software ( minus the FMC package).

To clarify more: I have my trim wheel working fine for manual trim, but was going to add the two Stab trim switches that determine if the auto pilot and/or the electrical system that can control the stab trim.
These switches can been seen on a 737 throttle quadrant.

Polmer

Michael Carter
04-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Are you talking about the Stab Trim cut-out switches?

Polmer
04-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Yes,

The stab trim cut outs ( sorry for the lack of correct terms earlier).
Can these be setup through fsuipc or VIA fs itself?

Polmer

Michael Carter
04-15-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

I don't think there is either an FS command or an FSUIPC command or offset for this function.

I would have to check my POH as to why this function would be used. I know what it's used for, but I don't know why.

Michael Carter
04-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I didn't find anything in Normal Procedures or Abnormal Procedures as to why this would be used.

I can only guess that if there is an electrical malfunction that the switches are used to shut off that particular control circuit.

For a run-away trim condition, the yoke is moved opposite of the trim input and it will automatically (advertised as such anyway) disengage the AP trim.