PDA

View Full Version : A wee bit more done...

Bill
04-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Allo.

Started off with my well-used and trusty GoFlight modules, GF166 and 46, 2of each, took the front plates off (very easy 3 allen screws), primed them and painted with Boeing grey RAL7011.

Found Lettraset in an art shop, size 3.5mm, Helvetica medium, and placed them on the plates. It was the nearest they had, hopefully near enough.

my GF46's will double as VOR and VOR2, and ADF1 ADF2 by pressing the white button. Not very real, but saves me buying 2 new ones.

Still to finish off with a clear spray varnish.

You're welcome to have a look at
http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1042

Regards,
Bill

Trevor Hale
04-12-2007, 06:49 PM
That looks Awesome.

Great Job

Michael Carter
04-12-2007, 10:16 PM
A lot better than the original look.

Now if Go-Flight would have moved the knob to the center of the panel and hacked off an inch on each side, they'd be just about perfect for a Boeing or Airbus at half the cost of most Collins type radios selling today.

Bill
04-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes Michael,

I think it's an improvement on the originals.
And I agree about the size. The 737 pedestal has basically 3 columns of panels, but mine will have 2, with the goflights at the front, and I'll arrange my other Hispa and Simparts smaller panels behind the goflights- though I haven't decided yet exactly how to place the smaller ones.

Regards,
Bill

Bob Reed
04-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Bill. I would place them to the left and right side and put a filler in the middle. I think that would look fine.