PDA

View Full Version : Side visuals

bindook
04-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Hi guy's, i'm slowly looking at putting a left/right side view in the sim. I plan to use 21" monitors. Now what is the best way to do this? How many more monitors can i connect to the 1 pc? I know i can get 1 more but 2?

Thanks michael

PaulEMB
04-07-2007, 03:05 AM
Michael,

I have succesfully done this, but using the left view from the FS pc, and the right view on a 2nd pc running WideView.

I do plan to review this with a new pc running 2 graphics cards, to give me 3 views.

bindook
04-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Paul, is it possible 2 connect the 2 side views to another pc via widefs & would that pc need to be "FAST" i.e dual core 1mb ram etc etc????

And also would i get away with using 2 x 256mb vid cards?

Thanks
Michael

PaulEMB
04-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Michael,

I'm pretty sure that wideview requires one pc per view, so you would need 2 copies of FS as well - that means a decent pc, but I also saw this over at FDS forum
http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/resource/images/products/MAXVPROssLarge3712.jpg

Several builders are using it, and it may help

zenandzen
07-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi all,
i have just setup a 3 x 17" crt view on one pc.
Agp card (ati 128mb) & only days ago an ati pci card in the first pci slot.
These cards have dual outputs & for a time i had 4 monitors running but i liked the look of 3 much better,left,centre, right.
With 4 monitors too much visual impact was lost in the monitor frames
(not really lost but frames got in my mental view too much).
The agp card has 2 monitors running & the pci runs a montor all by itself.
In fs9 on my system ONE screen i get 55-60frames/sec.
Two screens brings it to about 35 frames/sec
But when i bring up the third screen (this is the pci card) it slows right down to 18-25 frames/sec.
It seems to be fine as long as you turn off the frame counter & ignore the stats.
Nothing special about the screen setup.Windows desktop sharing is running things & is set to ....3...1...2... ,
1 = main screen(centre)
2= secondary(right) from the same vid card,
3 = the pci card (on the left).
Still experimenting with undocking views & setting zoom factors to get a reasonable panorama.

Sydney Harbour Bridge ,just before i take the default DC-3 under the bridge.
As always ....work in progress.
Cheers
Gerry http://mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=146&stc=1&d=1184853270