PDA

View Full Version : switches,toggles...

Radar
04-01-2007, 09:51 PM
:p Hi to all of you .
Bit of a silly question. Can I go into my local hardware store here in Canada and use
30 degree rotary switch

45 degree Rotary switch

Large toggle switch and all other switches and rotorys I need for my project? Or do I need to go to a place like engravity. BTW Very nice products there.

:roll:Mike

BTW Trevor . Do you buy anything here in Canada for your project?

Bob Reed
04-01-2007, 09:55 PM
You can use any kind of switches you want. Does not matter.

Radar
04-01-2007, 09:59 PM
:p
You can use any kind of switches you want. Does not matter.

WOWZER Bob. That was quick.:) Thanks

Michael Carter
04-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I would call Mouser Electronics and Digi-Key or visit their websites and request a FREE catalog.

Mouser sends out a 1000+ page catalogue quarterly. Not sure about Digi-Key. I became a customer only in December of last year and have only placed one order with Digi-Key.

You can find almost any kind of switch you need from these two catalogs.

The downside is that they do not carry the Korry line which supplies almost all illuminated switches for both Boeing and Airbus.

I don't think any distributor does. I think they sell direct though contract sales for commercial only, but I have been wrong before. Korry's prices are so high for the average builder that they pay us no mind for RFQ or questions via e-mail.

One thing they have done to cut down on sim-builder traffic is publish their wiring diagrams of their switch series on thier website. Access is free and the schematics are invaluable for a builder using their products.

Trevor Hale
04-02-2007, 09:10 AM
:p

BTW Trevor . Do you buy anything here in Canada for your project?

Yes I try to, I buy all my switches and LED's etc here. Saves on shipping charges.

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

Where in CA are you?

It was easier when I lived in Toronto, a little harder up here in Northern Ontario, but I manage.

Radar
04-02-2007, 10:00 AM
:p Thanks guys.
Trevor. I live in Dieppe NB Canada. Close to the famous Parlee Beach, or maybe you heard of magnatic hill.

Any ways. Thanks for the help and I'll go visit my local kent or home depo.

Mike

Trevor Hale
04-02-2007, 09:32 PM
OOO Home depot will be quite Pricey, maybe you'd be better off ordering from Sayel, or Electrosonic in Toronto.

I have ordered from Digikey and Mouser electronics as well.

I bought all my computer equipment online at tigerdirect.ca

Hope that helps.

Trev

Radar
04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
:p Ok! Here it is. Do you guys see anything that I should add or change. This just a small order to get me started.

six 10K pots at about $3 each, (K=Ohms)
.........................................................................................................................................................
DUS
4rotary switches (12 positions, 1 circuit) for the du's
....................................................................................................................................
Autobrakes/Flaps
3 rotary switches (8 positions, 1 circuit)
2 CTS288 encoders
1 ON-OFF-ON switch (spring loaded to the center)
3 high efficiency amber leds
1 high efficiency green led
4 1000 ohms resistors
....................................................................................................................................
Annunciators group (Captain's side)
Components needed
1 ON-OFF-ON switch (spring loaded to the center)
1 ON-OFF switch (big)
1 ON-OFF-ON switch
4 high efficiency red leds
15 high efficiency amber leds
1 high efficiency green led
15 1000 ohms resistors
6 OMROM B3F 4050 keyswitch
7 black micro buttons
.................................................................................................................................................
Landing gear
3 high efficiency green leds
3 high efficiency red leds
6 1000 ohms resistors

:o I appreciate all of you and respect all your work. Mike

Trevor Hale
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Looks good to me buddy.

Let me know how it works out.

Trev