PDA

View Full Version : FSX and Peix GA Panel

ddimm
03-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Hello all. I want to run FSX in full screen mode in my 23' LCD tv/monitor(connected via DVI) and run my Peix GA Panel in 15' LCD monitor (RGB connected) on the same computer (nvidia 7600GS AGP). When I go to full screen mode, the 15' monitor blacks out and my panel disappears. In windowed mode it seems to work ok but the title bars are bothersome and an eyesore. I have seen some pix posted by wollo that looks like he is able to do it. Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nrasch0402
03-30-2007, 01:33 PM
do you have both monitors enabled under windows? (i.e. do they both operate before you start FSX?)

wollo
03-30-2007, 01:44 PM
ddim, thats a two pc setup. on the Peix page it's the recommended setup with fsuipc.
I think there are problems with two programmes trying to run in fullscreen simultaneously.

Bill

Bob Reed
03-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I think the only way this will work is if you run both in a window, not full screen.

ddimm
03-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I do have both monitors enabled. The GA panel does work in windowed mode on the second montior with the first displaying the FSX. I was hoping to avoid using 2 machines for running FSX. Is there a way to hide the title bar?

Bob Reed
03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
The only thing I can think of is to stretch the picture "oversize" for the monitor.

wollo
03-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Sorry I don't know. I've not done much playing about withgapanel yet.

Have you worked out how to display the frame rate yet? it looks like like an upside down ! I can't find that anywhere.

Are you getting smooth instrument refresh rates?

Bill.

ddimm
03-30-2007, 02:50 PM
My framerates acceptable with the use of GA Panel running in the 15" LCD and full screen for FSX. I have a lot of the sliders to the left so I dont get big frame rate hits. I intend to mount the 15" LCS into my C172 panel I am building right now. I will cover that monitor with a thin piece of plywood or plastic and cut circles out for the instruments so they are visible. I found that using cheap fresnel lenses in the back of the cut out circles for the glass makes the instrument appear 3D.

wollo
03-30-2007, 03:28 PM
fresnel idea sounds great, any pictures? Sorry I meant the frame rate for gapanel itself.

ddimm
03-30-2007, 03:48 PM
I think the GA panel product uses 2D and not running in 3D. The product readme states "The program does not use graphical specific acceleration, so it should work in any computer with a newly installed operating system". I will try to get some pix posted soon.