PDA

View Full Version : New - Again

Larry Brown
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Hello,

Just stopping in to say hello. Right now I am an observer more than anything. I do hope to build a 737 NG sim at some point in the future when time frees up a little.

I do have extensive experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD software so if anybody needs a hand with something CAD related I will see what I can do.

One thing that I did do that is sim related recently is the ATOP program in Huston, Texas, USA www.b737.com (http://www.b737.com)back in November. That is a fantastic experience and I would recommend that anybody building a sim shoud go give it a try. If you are not a pilot and if you can find a pilot to go with you then you can do it. In addition to the blast it is to fly the thing you receive a full day of systems information that really helps put the function of the airplane together. Here are pics from my experience. Sim Pics (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AbuGrJw0aMXHQ)

Until later,
Larry

Matt Olieman
03-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi Larry, and welcome back :)

I love the Sim Pics, must of been a wonderful experience. $450 for all that.... WOW!!!! not bad at all :)

Thanks again :)

ekezz
03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
That ATOP is really interesting although I don't meet the required entry conditions

No matter what your aviation background, if you hold at least a Student Pilot Certificate, have 15 hours of airplane pilot time, and have an elementary understanding of "ILS" approaches, you are welcome.
I guess 17 years in the aviation industry and my own pit don't count.
Bummer :(

Anyway, good to have you on board at mycockpit !

Trevor Hale
03-28-2007, 06:07 PM
LOL,

Great pics. Wish I was there. Apparently Kester, if you go with someone that is a real pilot your in like flint :)

Wow, What a rush!

Larry Brown
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Hello,

Yes, that is correct. According to Wayne, the gentleman who runs ATOP, you may go with another pilot. In the past they did not have this requirement and non-pilots were teamed with people persuing an airline career and slowed down their experience a little too much.

On a slightly different note, I would have loved to take home the fixed base flight training device that we used. We learned how to go from a cold and dark airplane to running and ready for take off status in this device. If my home cockpit gets even close to that I would be a happy camper.

Have a good day,
Larry