PDA

View Full Version : network / internet connection problem

bindook
03-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi all, for a while now i have been putting up with starting the pc with the network & internet connection connected to the pc then disconnecting the network to get internet connection then when that is working i reconnect the network & it all works........well it stopped doing it today......when i reconnect the network i lose the internet connection, i can only send not recieve. But i have the network running ok. .......if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Deesystems
03-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Michael, Good evening

Could i get more information of your network and system config.

Dave C

(Your original problem might of been a Firewall blocking Dhcp broadcasts.
Disable your firewall and reconnect)

bindook
03-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Hi Dave, i'm using a wireless router for the internet & a LAN to a hub for the network (hope this is what your after). I checked out the firewall it was on the high setting but in the exception area i had the programs in there that i needed to run the Fsim added.

The LAN i have defined it's own IP , subnet & default gateway addresses but the internet gets it's own address.

I tried disabling the firewall, the internet connects but i still can't recieve.

Thanks

Michael

Deesystems
03-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Michael,

Do you have extra cat 5/6 cables, Swap them out on the lan to hub (also change ports on the hub).

Now Lets try a repair of the connection.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/maintain/repair.mspx

P.M. me with Model #'s for the wireless Router and lan/hub and internet connection type (Dsl / Cable)

Ill be on later today to assist.

Dave C

bindook
03-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Dave, emailed you, did u recieve it?

Anyway i'm still having trouble getting the internet connection, i've reinstalled the wireless card & software but no success........

Michael

Deesystems
03-26-2007, 08:58 AM
No emails recieved. Ive sent a Pm to you.

bindook
03-27-2007, 02:19 AM
Dave, picture attached. This was with the flush done.

Thanks
Michael

Deesystems
03-29-2007, 12:08 PM
your primary dns should be the same as the gateway ip

the Dns on the router should be set to auto obtain ,, 198.142.0.51 is placed some where in your config (router or network properties)

Look at the wireless properties --