PDA

View Full Version : update

Radar
03-16-2007, 03:13 PM
:D First of all. I would like to thank all of the guys and gals that have done all the leg work for us all to use. I really apreciate all of the hard work that you've done.

:roll: For me it's try to copy and enjoy. Hopfuly I will come up with some ideas of my own to share with you all.

:wink: OK. I done my MIP stand. I"am in the process of marking my MIP for cutting. I have a few questions

1/. I'm looking for MIP lables of actule size that I could print and put it on my MIP to see if everythings in the right place before I start cutting.
2/. From the top of the middle screen on the mip to the top of the mip. What would be that mesurement?

Again guys thanks very much. Mike

Westozy
03-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Radar,

I have all of the bitmap labels that I made for the 737NG ready for printing but they are all quite large files around about 1meg each. What I was planning to do is to put them all on a CD and post it to Matt so he could put them on the site and make them available to all for download. If you tell me which ones you specifically want, I could email them direct one at a time. Send me an email so I can reply...
Are you doing an NG? or a 'Retard, Retard, Retard, uh, I mean Airbus :-)

Gwyn

Radar
03-16-2007, 11:10 PM
:D LOL. Airbus...DoH! You would think they could afford to add a steering wheel to the finish her off.:roll: Just kidding:rolleyes:

I'am doing a Westjet 737NG. She flies out of my Local airport about 3 minutes from my home. I can actuly see the pilot in the cockpit when they land over my house:p .

:D Thanks Westozy. Maybe I can use these>>>>>>>>>>>

http://personales.ya.com/micabina737/descargas/descargasi.htmNote: the information freely available in this section is only intended for personal use. Whith respect to the work done by the auther.

Is this what I could use mate?. Do they look like there the real size I need?

Mike

Westozy
03-17-2007, 03:33 AM
That's a handy link, those pics are similar to mine and along the same lines although mine are all colored grey, the same color as the PVC sheeting I use for all my panels.
I always make the parts and panels first then adjust the size of the printing to suit the part. It's easy to resize images in a program like Photoshop, you can size the images exactly. My article in the May issue of Computer Pilot magazine explains it all in detail. I have a complete set of Boeing 737NG manuals in PDF form and they are a great source of detailed panel images, I'll post them to Matt aswel, they would be a handy download for everyone.

Gwyn

Radar
03-17-2007, 12:03 PM
:D Ok Thanks Westozy.

Printing paper? Low gloss or mat.?

Mike

Westozy
03-17-2007, 05:04 PM
I bought a box of 100 adhesive A4 labels in matt finish for AUD$30 and my first print job at home was successful, see the May CP mag. The best adhesive I found was called "Dataflex" made by Jac. It is semi-gloss and waterproof. The print company I was using got sold and they no longer stock it, that's why I changed to doing it myself on my own printer. The A4 labels are not waterproof but if they end up damaged it's easy to just print another one. Maybe a spray laquer would seal them permenantly, who knows?

http://www.dalton.com.au/our-range_detail.aspx?view=83
This film is expensive and the company has minimum purchase amounts which changed my approach to this task.

Gwyn

Radar
03-17-2007, 05:28 PM
:) Ok Thanks

Mike