PDA

View Full Version : monitor size

Mr. Midnight
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
hello folks outhere im wondering on the size screen to use for my front panels , i see that 19 inch screens seem the norm, but does that mean that the monitor (crt ) has to be a 20 inch monitor so that i have a physical 19 inches.
all i have is crt,s and im also wondering if taking the shell off is a good idea, is it worth it.
My Boss , Oh i mean my wife has given me a room all to myself to set up my cockpit so i do have room to move around a little.
and i will be starting from the MIP as suggested.
and that means i will have to stop flying , and break down my current set up and get busy.

Oh and this is about the features in this forum, i know im a member but what other features can i tap into and join.

thanks........................Robert

Trevor Hale
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
As for your monitors, I personally recommend that you do not take the covers off CRT Monitors. The coltage in the tube is really dangerous.

Most people use 17" Monitors for PFD and ND. EICAS or ECAM is usually a 19" monitor.

I personally am using 3 19" for mine.

Hope that helps.

Trev

Bob Reed
03-09-2007, 10:12 AM
WEll I to am using CRTs in my 737. I use 19" for the FO and Capt and a 17" for the ECIAS. There are pics here http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542 Hope this helps.

Mr. Midnight
03-09-2007, 10:43 AM
pictures speak louder than words thank you.

.....Robert:lol:

Westozy
03-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I have 3 x 17" behind my sim MIP and they allow for 145mm (5 3/4") Nav & Att displays, see http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=547

Gwyn

BlackWidow
03-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Mr. Midnight

I am not building a 737 or any cockpit of that size I am building a Cessna with Glass Cockpit I am using 2 15" LCD's

I was origianly building a Regional Jet until i came across my Cessna shell and i had planed on using 15" LCD anyway without the plastic around the Screen they are still quite big and I am able to use the entire screen with out hiding any of it behind the MIP and I can put buttons all around it if i choose.

Just thought I would put my 2cents in just in case it helps.