PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

visualchaosfx
03-08-2007, 12:51 AM
http://home.nc.rr.com/jrhavrilla/jrh_ebook.htm

You think its right to charge $40 for an ebook on how to build a fokker cockpit when you can join a simpit building site such as this one and get the info for free?

I think his simpit looks really cool and a lot of time and effort went into it but, in my opinion, I don't think its right to even charge for the information, but thats just my opinion.

Your thoughts?

Bob Reed
03-08-2007, 01:00 AM
I will not say it is wrong, because he can do whatever he likes. But I looked around and there are a lot better looking cockpits right here! So you tell me... Nothing wrong with what he is doing though! It's just not what I would choose to do.

visualchaosfx
03-08-2007, 01:04 AM
It looks cool for his budget. But I just don't think its right to charge for the info especially since you could spend that much just or less getting the materials to build the framework. But your right, he can do whatever he wants and yes, there are way more better cockpits on here. There's no denyin that:p

Michael Carter
03-08-2007, 01:24 AM
He certainly is creative, and not a bad painter either.

His cockpit didn't impress me much though.

bindook
03-08-2007, 01:53 AM
I could build that sim for $40 !!!!!

Westozy
03-08-2007, 03:17 AM
If you look at it from his perspective, he has obviously documented every part of his build and done a **** of a lot of work to create his book. I too once considered producing a set of plans for my portable 737 simulator, but I doubt there is a market to sell to really and that's why some of my ideas and drawings are posted here at MC for all to share and the positive feedback received is reward enough. My efforts here at MC have landed me a writing job at Computer Pilot which I think is better than the book idea anyway. I say good luck to him and hope he gets a few sales, he is still promoting the hobby after all.
As we say in Aussie, "Ave a go ya mug", (nothing ventured, nothing gained!)

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
03-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I haven't looked at his site, but I can assure you it would be very dificult for anyone to do as good a job on a book as MIKE, from Mike's Flight Deck.

Mikes Book is 100% awesome. Worth every penny.

Mr. Midnight
03-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Hello folks, this cockpit building can get tough without plans, my problem is that im not for sure where to start.

I was looking at his site, i like the clean look to his cockpit, kind of like a general overall cockpit.

My problem is that if i build a 737 cockpit, im now putting myself in a area where i cant fly to local airports in indy, that is why im pointing to a general type cockpit, because i want to be able to say land in INDY and then take a GA (172, because im wanting to learn to fly ) to a smaller airport.

I have been looking for someone to come out with plans so i will not rack my brain on constuction, im pretty savy with electronics and computers and such, i just dont have the patients to sit down and draw up something that will work.

i personally have no problem in paying for someone elses drawing plan headaches.

my problem started when i bought the go flight modules,(GF-46 and the GF MCP two months ago, i now have to revamp my whole pit to go around them:).

As a matter of fact i believe its you guys fault for this problem because when i found this site, i should have kept going now im hooked:)

Folks this site is becoming one of my favorite places to be , i have seen more info that will help me than any other site, the pics, the folks that want to help, the good looking pits etc.

Trevor Hale
03-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Ooooo Bitten by the bug!

Well Geting started with a GA pit is the same as getting started with a liner.

You just need a picture in your head.

You need to start with the main instrument panel, then build around it.

Bob Reed
03-08-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree with Trevor (and that scares me :) ) Start simple. And it was one site I went to all those years ago that got me hooked and down this spiraling path. I blame him ( he knows who he is!) Get an idea for your main instrument panel and build around it. There are plans for the 737 MIP stand in our dld section take a look at those that should give you an idea of what to do!

Trevor Hale
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I agree with Trevor (and that scares me :) )

Awe Thanks Bob.... :) :rolleyes: