PDA

View Full Version : V-22 Osprey

ak49er
03-05-2007, 11:21 PM
With the aquisition of my Huey fuselage, I have been left with a dilema. I am a die hard 737 fan. But I feel I must build to the form of the huey as well. I had mentioned I was going to design a dual-pit, both helo and liner, which just did not sit right after further thought, I know imagination plays a large part of this hobby. Today it dawned on me, half helo, half heavy twin, all Osprey, the best of both worlds with a totally unique control sysytem. Does anyone know of any other V-22 spit builders, or any links to cockpit images of the v-22. I read that there is a side stick and foot controls, but I cannot find any images. Any thoughts, feedback?

AndyT
03-06-2007, 12:27 AM
You might check the Discovery Channel website since they showed a special on the Osprey last week.

ak49er
03-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Yes thank-you. I have just spent some time at airliners.net, Janes Military, and how stuffworks.com (the latter being quite informative) and I now believe that the MV-22 Osprey lends itself nicely to my simpit project. A tilt-rortor aircraft answers my need to fullfill the interior dynamics of my UH-1 cockpit, while retaining my intereest in heavy fixed wing flight. The cockpit of the V-22 is quite similar to both the 737-NG and the UH-1. In respect to the 737 the V-22 features an almost complete glass cockpit, with 5 MFDS and 1 large center located CDU (for which I aquired a miniture CRT display, really, it has to be like maybe 7 inches tall, I'll try to send an image this week) and of course three rather small stand-by instruments. In a nod to the UH-1, the real V-22 cockpit features heli style controls, to include a cyclic, with all sorts of interesting switches, fixed wing style rudder pedals , and for controlling the collective type inputs, it features a left hand throttle control (not sure what the real name is). For toppers, if you squint just right front of the Bell-Boeing 901 (M,C,V-22 Osprey) looks alot like the front of a UH-1. A little imagination, some interesting flight dynamic modeling, and possibly an honor to be the first MV-22 home simpit builder. Although I do hope there are more. Any input would be appreciated.
BTW has any seen video of this thig folding up for carrier ops? Looks like a Transformer.

Trevor Hale
03-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Well,

That will be quite the challenge. Creating an aircraft in flightsim that will take off like a heli, but fly like a fixed wing aircraft will be quite interesting.

Keep us posted.

dodiano
03-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Actually there is a flight model of Airwolf where you actually can hover and fly to Mach 1 it is really cool man maybe you could use that flight model for your Osprey!

Take care,

Roberto

ak49er
03-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I have already found three v-22 aircraft files for FS2004/FS9. I have not evaluated them or checked the specs. of their FDM, or realism. From what I've read the transition from helo to fixed wing flight is only noticeable by the reduction in speed. The aircraft alt. and attitude stays nearly the same.