PDA

View Full Version : cp flight mcp problem any ideas?

steve diamond
03-03-2007, 01:05 PM
hi guys,
im waiting for cpflight support to come back to me,in the meantime any ideas on a mcp that wont start at all,power supply is tested and ok,but the unit wont start,just a flash of course window leds and then nothing,no rel number as per usual startup,its worked flawlessly for about two years,but now not a god damm sausage,
im on hols for two weeks and have been working flat out on the sim things were going so well,
any ideas drop me aline,
cheers
steve diamond

Trevor Hale
03-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Firmware update maybe?

NicD
03-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Are you using PM? or other software to drive the MCP?

If PM - try restarting the MCP software. The startup indications will flash on and off, then it should come up after 10 seconds. If not - check your wideserver/clients are connected.

Also (without PM MCP running) have you tried to use the MCP config software that comes with the MCP. That should bring it to life, even without FS or anything else running.

steve diamond
03-04-2007, 01:57 AM
hi guys,thanks for the help,but up to now,nothing,before as soon as i started the power on the sim,she did display the rel number then wait for pm mcp to start,i will sort it out during the week as its cabling in the old bulbs on my glare shield today,had a look yesterday when i took the mcp off and what do you know,lots of bulbs ect already there,so i will rewire to a 12v supply and bobs your uncle,
anyway cheers for the help i will advise of the outcome,
cheers
steve