PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day for me, SIM is 4-sale

737NUT
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Here is the link,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170086537955&rd=1,1

My wife and i have agreed to move in with her parents to care for them in thier last years here. There is no room for the sim and i can't afford a garage to put it in. I will still sim allot, just on a 21" LCD and computer desk. :(
I had to make this very hard decision and not put my needs above my families. Please let anyone know who might be interested. My reserve is very low considering what you would be getting. If it doesn't sell, i will part it out and cut it up.
Thanks Matt, Bob, Alan, and David for your help and encouragement in the past.
I'm not going away, just scaling down. :)

W9XE/Project777
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Rob

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I never made it to Indy to see it even though when I am back home on vacation I am only 40 miles away in Crawfordsville. I have heard so much about it and i know you just got some new FDS parts.

I hope all goes well and we still look forward in your support of Mycockpit.org

visualchaosfx
03-01-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm sorry that it has to come to this.

But isn't there someway that maybe you can keep this in a rental storage place? Tear it down and put it in storeage? I'm looking at the pics on eBay and man, you have so much time and money invested in your dream project that I would hate for you to start all over again when you do find space for it. I don't know its up to you but I thought I would just make the suggestion.

Its very tempting for me to try and bid on this although the bids for the next 4 days will exceed over $500. Like I said earlier, you should at least look into renting storeage for this masterpiece that you have created, unless you already considered that?

737NUT
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys. The storage idea won't work do to it won't fit thru the door. Plus, climate controlled storage for this size is 200+ a month around here.

I have already talked my wife into giving me a room in the basement for making a sim so all is not lost. :) AKA Bob!

737NUT
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Rob

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I never made it to Indy to see it even though when I am back home on vacation I am only 40 miles away in Crawfordsville. I have heard so much about it and i know you just got some new FDS parts.

I hope all goes well and we still look forward in your support of Mycockpit.org

Thanks, Yes, i have some of the new IBL stuff coming. I will either include
it with the sim for extra or keep it for my new sim going in the basement. :)

Michael Carter
03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about this. I hope that you'll be able to build another down the road aways.

Any chance of a tear-down and re-build in the basement you spoke of?

Matt Olieman
03-02-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm sick :(

Trevor Hale
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
As we all feel your pain, I think you have made the right decision. Family always needs to come first.

Good luck, stay in touch.

Mr. Midnight
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
im sorry to hear that you have to give it up, i to live in Indianapolis, not far from the airport, and im in the prosess of building a 737 sim also, been at this for about 12 years, no where near what you got but im trying to get there.

cannot afford the whole package but i am looking for all sorts of add-ons for my sim.
im running a eight monitor set up , and im starting all over again and this time go for the whole cockpit set up.

im at the process of building my MIP, and from there i will put in the Go flight modules that i have so far.

But i do understand what you have to do my parents are up in age also , and we are going thru the talk with them now so that we can take care of them also.

So if you do plan on bits and pieces maybe we can talk .

Thanks....Robert

Matt Olieman
03-05-2007, 09:36 AM
WOW!!!!!

I can't believe the bid is only at $10K... I've flown this bird and seen this sim in action.... it's beautiful.... it has to be worth more then $50K+++++

Trevor Hale
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
The only problem I think he will have, is Project Magenta is non transferable, He may have a problem passing that one along to Enrico.

It is hard for people to just come up with 20-30K, I know I wouldn't be able to do that.

Maybe people just don't understand what their getting. I would think that is a big part, If he had time, he may have been better off parting it out.

I hope it works out for him, sheesh I don't know if I would ever get out of my sim what I put into it.

Common Peeps, Bid, Bid, Bid....

Trev

dodiano
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Well I donŽt think Enrico will mind... is not like he is keeping a software and he is selling it for less than he payed for so I think heŽll understand!

Take care

Roberto

Bob Reed
03-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Well the truth is..... The license is non transferable...Period.... So who ever buys the sim will have to purchase PM in there name. Enrico's license is very clear on this point.

dodiano
03-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Well i just think that is a bit greedy... But if those are the rules I guess heŽll have to do it!

Regards,

Roberto

737NUT
03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Actually, I never thought about it till now. If they never have to reinstall they will be fine. What worries my is all the personal info on the computers. There is FSUIPC registered, Many many add-ons, FSX, FS2004, PM suite, Complete! Any ideas??
Rob

dodiano
03-05-2007, 07:23 PM
You going to use it? I mean Magenta? Cause if it is so you should remove the software! Although the guy buying it probably will want Magenta with it I guess... I don`t see the big deal... You should erase your personal stuff from the computers though and FSUIPC probably the guy who buys it has eough $$ for the license or he still already has one.

Regards,

Roberto

Matt Olieman
03-06-2007, 08:47 AM
So who's the lucky guy who got the cockpit for $10,800?

I still can't get over it.... amazing!!!! Should of gone for MUCH, MUCH more.

Bob Reed
03-06-2007, 08:52 AM
A crime! That's what it is! Now all we can do is hope it was a real bid.

Trevor Hale
03-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey Matty,

So how come you didn't buy it... "Wife said no didn't she? " LOL

Matt Olieman
03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
You're right!!!! Going house hunting in Illinois this week...... looking at moving costs.... damn it all!!!! Timing sucks!!!! I would of taken care of that baby for Rob.

BTW, I know Rob will come back eventually with something spectacular :) I'll be here rooting for him :)

dodiano
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
How I wish in timeŽs like this I lived in the States! I would have bought that Pit man!! Amazing just got a Loan for a new car and I actually was tempted by the Dark Side of that Force LOL!!

Roberto

737NUT
03-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey guys,
The high bidder paid the 1000.00 deposit with-in 15mins of the end of auction. Wants to get with-in a couple of weeks. I told him he got one **** of a deal! It is going to colorado, north of Denver.

I will keep my PM software as i will need it later. He would need to purchase it anyways from Enrico.

I need to buy some USB drives and save all my data. Thanks for all the kind words and i will be back. This time with a single seat 737. :)
Rob

Matt Olieman
03-06-2007, 04:36 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world Rob... I know you'll be busy for a while, but we'll be here for you any time you need us :)

Don't forget to check in with us once in a while... we can always use your expertise.