PDA

View Full Version : Pic Erj 145 & Pm

PaulEMB
03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure where to post this, so am trying here.

I have resurrected the FeelThere ERJ15 in the FSX version, as I enjoyed the FS9 one so much - but am again having problems.

My question is to you 737 guys who use one flight model (eg PMDG) and PM.
I have deleted the .gau files, as I use PM.

I am using Boeing PM suite and PMRJ and trying to get the best model for the ERJ145.

I now load the aircraft in FSX and all works well, until half an hour into the flight when I have some autopilot issues - I think because of a conflict between FeelThere and PM.

What files do I have to leave in FSX to use only the flight model of the 145, disabling the FeelThere FMS, nav, etc, etc, so as to use the PM autopliot and CDU?

All suggestions are welcome -

If I had known then what I know now, I'd be sitting in a well finished 737NG instead of an ERJ with missing FDS parts and no software:p

Trevor Hale
03-01-2007, 06:42 PM
If I am not mistaken,

Backup your directory in case I am wrong. :eek:

Leave only The aircraft.air, aircraft.cfj and aircraft.mdl files and directories. Everything else can go panels/sound/gauges etc.

Try that, and see what happens.

PaulEMB
03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks Trevor,

That seemed to work, although with the FeelThere has a lot of extra files of its own.

I managed a flight but also experienced some other strange effects - i.e visual pitch up on turning HDG knob, although this did not appear to affect the flight - I should try it again without the severe thunderstorms! ( Wait till the TFS seats have turbulance, and I won't wait so long before changing the weather settings!!)

Thanks for your help, and I'll keep trying it out to see the results.

Trevor Hale
03-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Sounds good, Keep us posted.

Trev

PaulEMB
03-04-2007, 04:38 AM
Well....

More of a blog than a post, but last night I tried again - first the sim started up in Lisbon, rather than Madrid which is the default flight, but I thought OK, thats where I landed, so - then the parking brake didn't work, so I reloaded the flight, and same effect - just kept rolling away from the parking stand.

Went back to Madrid to try again with the CRJ, but that only added to my confusion - the right view with WideView was in Madrid, but the front and left (main FSX) was still in Lisbon.

Checked FSUIPC to see if the button worked, and found I had no controls.
Further investigation showed I had only the mouse yoke checked under FSX controls, and no other controllers. ( should be 2 CH and a VFC rudder).

Checked and re booted, checked and tested all USB connections, and tried again, but I have a complete failure.

So I had to abandon the flight (lucky no FSPassengers to complain) and call maintenance.

Maintenance promised to check the aircraft on Sunday, as he had run out of hours on Saturday night, so that gives me my tasking for Sunday (Girlfriend allowing).

Dont you just hate computers - you cant see what has gone wrong - no leaking pipes, circuit breakers popped, bits hanging off....

Still, as its virtually broken, I guess I only have to virtually fix it 8)

Tomlin
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Paul,

Did you run two CH yokes (or used to run two CH yokes) in your sim?

Bob Reed
07-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey Paul, how did you ever make out with this? And Tomlin, go check his web site. I don't think he is using CHYokes any more.....:)!!

Tomlin
07-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Right, yeah I knew that he didnt have that anymore (great job on the yokes btw) but was wondering how it worked out for him, since I have no issues with a logitech joystick and CH yoke.

PaulEMB
07-24-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi all,

I was using one CH yoke, and then stripped it to use on the home made linked yokes - I even managed to use some of the buttons, and one pot for the nose steering.

Current plan is to use an FDS card, but I will probably use the pots from the CH unit.

I also resolved the virtual issues described below - not quite sure what I did, but setting up the default flight again solved the issues, and all worked OK.

I think you can use 2 CH yokes, but may need FSUIPC to assign the axis, as FS would see 2 controllers named CH Yoke, and could cause problems. ( I had 2 controllers, one yoke, one TQ)