PDA

View Full Version : Soldering EL-Sheets

pylet
02-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Got a question, I don't understand how to attach a wire to the el-sheets without destroying them even with a low power 20w soldering iron? And the 1/4" wide sticky backed copper tape, I have no clue what that is for. How am I to attach the copper tape to the el-sheet so that wires can be soldered onto the tape? I've ruined half a sheet trying to figure out how to solder wires to it. Good thing I bought two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Olieman
02-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Sheets I got came with clips/clamps (or whatever they call them) to attach to the EL-Sheets. Didn't know you can solder to them.

pylet
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Finally got an e-mail back from the company along with some instructions that'll post here. My biggest mistake was that I was letting the copper tape "touch" the white line. As long as the tape does not touch that line it works fine. Thanks for the reply.

Bob Reed
02-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Also keep in mind you can not let the sheet touch any metal including switches or you will get zapped! Be sure to leave space!

dgarciajr
10-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Can you repost the attachment?

Finally got an e-mail back from the company along with some instructions that'll post here. My biggest mistake was that I was letting the copper tape "touch" the white line. As long as the tape does not touch that line it works fine. Thanks for the reply.