PDA

View Full Version : PMDG737 won't start with PMsystems

NicD
02-26-2007, 02:57 AM
I'm talking to PM support about this - but just wondered if any of you have struck the same problem....

I’ve been using PMsystems for a few months now without problems. Just in the past few days I cannot get an engine start with PMsystems. The N2 rises to 22%, fuel cutoff is brought to idle, but it will not start and the start valve just keeps cycling without success.

Everything is set properly – APU running, APU bleed on, packs off, valve open etc. However I’ve noticed that the duct pressure (in PMsystems) is very low .. only about 5-10%. The CFM56 needs 30% for a start as far as I know.

If I shutdown PMsystems I can then start successfully using an FS panel (on-screen). Note - the PMDG panel is competely disabled - so should be no conflicts there.

I’ve tried builds 94 and 98 with the same result. Also did an uninstall and reinstall of PM systems with no change.

Trevor Hale
02-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Sounds like you should talk to Maintenance regarding the issue. Maybe it is time for the aircraft to have it's annual :)

LOL8-)

ekezz
02-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Have seen this once a long long time ago.
Do you start ENG2 or ENG1 first?
It should not matter but starting ENG2 first sometimes made it happen.
Frustrating though.

NicD
02-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks - wasn't aware of that. I start ENG2 first usually, so I'll try ENG1 first and see what happens.

NicD
02-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Out of interest .... is anyone else using the PMDG737 (minus the panel) with PMsystems - and it's all going ok for you ?

James Twomey
02-27-2007, 01:20 AM
The below is what I had to do to get my PMDG to work with PM Systems.

Hope that this helps.

Regards,
James

"Thomas Boehme" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:268984.53235@wb.onvix.com...
> The reason you can't start engines with the PMDG and PMsystems is the
> cut-off
> logic.
>
> PMsystems sets the fuel cut off whenever the N2 falls below 21%. However,
> during engine start, the PMDG engines shortly drop below 21% N2 causing
> pmsystems to cut off fuel.
>
> Change the value 21 in the section quoted below to a lower value (I think

> 15
> works, I am not home, so I can't check). After that you can start
> engines!
>
> relevant section in pmsys737.txt:
> ---
> if pumpsloff or (fs1n2
> fscutoff1 = 0
> else
> ---
>
> You have to change it for both engines!
>
> bye,
> Thomas
>

aluver
02-27-2007, 02:33 AM
Hi NicD,

I have no problem with engine start sequence, PMDG 737-700 + PMsystem, I use Thomas Richter's pmsys737ng1051 files.

You write "Everything is set properly – APU running, APU bleed on, packs off, valve open etc", Didn't you forget eng bleed on too ?

aluver
02-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Hi NicD,

I have no problem with engine start sequence, PMDG 737-700 ( no panel) + PMsystem, I use Thomas Richter's pmsys737ng1051 files.

You write "Everything is set properly – APU running, APU bleed on, packs off, valve open etc", Didn't you forget eng bleed on too ?

Did you try to open valve with FS keyboard command ? ( CRTL + F4 ), I think PMsystem could interfer with FS about that.

NicD
02-27-2007, 03:02 AM
James ... you're a legend!!!! ... that was the problem. I set the N2 condition values to 15% and she started like a cat on a hot tin roof! Thanks mate!

Would be good if PM had this info in their doco and support info.

Aluver, thanks, yes engine bleeds were on.

Goin flyin ... :)

James Twomey
02-28-2007, 12:18 AM
NicD,

Your more than welcome. I was just glad that I could help.

Oh and yes, I think that this woudl be a good information for PM to document somewhere.

For Aluver; where did you get the lastest Thomas Richter's pmsys737ng1051? Once the PM forum site went down, I was never able to find it.

Regards,
James

aluver
02-28-2007, 01:36 AM
The old PM forum is still alive.... in the PMsystems "conference page" at the bottom of the attached files list, there are the pmsys737ng1051.lgc & txt files ( be carreful, the pmsys737ng105.lgc must be renamed, the "1" from 1051 is missing ).

mauriceb
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Out of interest .... is anyone else using the PMDG737 (minus the panel) with PMsystems - and it's all going ok for you ?

I'm also using PDMG 800 & 900 with PM systems (no PDMG panels) and I have the same starting problems. What's interesting is that the engines start if you use PM Instructor (as long as fuel valves are in the cutoff position first). No need to wait for N2 to rise in that case. As soon as N2 begins to rise, you can put the fuel in the idle position and the engines complete their starting sequence (which is not the way it should really work). Very frustrating indeed.

Maurice

PaulEMB
03-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Maurice,

A nice new way to see things over here.

I got lots of inspiration from this site - thanks to Matt, Larry, Bob and Kester for the idea, and everyone else on the site.

(and the hard work it takes to keep things going!)

mauriceb
03-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi Maurice,

A nice new way to see things over here.

I got lots of inspiration from this site - thanks to Matt, Larry, Bob and Kester for the idea, and everyone else on the site.

(and the hard work it takes to keep things going!)

Hi Paul,

Small world, isn't it ? :) Like minded people seem to congragate in the same places somehow. Couldn't agree more...I'm sure it takes a lot of work & dedication to run this site and we all appreciate it.

Cheers to all.
Maurice

mauriceb
03-03-2007, 11:40 PM
The below is what I had to do to get my PMDG to work with PM Systems.

Hope that this helps.

Regards,
James

This worked for me as well. Thanks a bunch.

Maurice

cbokholt
03-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi to All,

I´m also using the PMDG with PMSystem using the "pmsys737ng1051" files from Thomas Richter.
First the engine start didn´t work either, but then I found the special modified AIR-Files for the PMDG´s from Thomas, and then it worked.

Are you also using theses ?

Bye,
Carsten