PDA

View Full Version : This is what I've got how can I make it better?

Mountie
02-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi Guy's, I've just joined up today and I have to say I feel I've finally found a site that can help me with building my dream, a 767 sim built around Level Ds excellent software.
This is what I've got and how it's setup, my question is how can I make it better and more realistic without spending to much money right away.

System one,
FS9 (and fsx but not using yet)
Simped pedals
CH yoke USB
wireless hook up to hub
MCP Pro
GF radio
GF toggles
GF push buttons
GF landing gear module
GF rotaries with push buttons
GF ATC module (not very good quite bad actually)
One 19 inch monitor
GF pedistal
Engravity CDU ordered this past sunday and why I can't spend to much else..

System two
Wide FS
FS commander 7.75
Active Sky 6.5
SB
Fascars
wireless hookup to hub
Team speak
Two monitors

Also one seat from Jaguar S-type with 12V power supply so all the movements work, got another if anyone is interested.. lol
I've tried hooking up another monitor to the FS computer but it seems to slow to much I'm running a 7950 1G Graphics card but I have to take it off of SLI mode to run two monitors.

Any suggestions at this point greatfully received...
Regards,
Mountie

Trevor Hale
02-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Have a look in the gallery, many people are improving their projects 900% by just adding a little plywood and paint.

If you have questions, just fire them off, and we can help you as you go.

Great to see you here and welcome.

wollo
02-20-2007, 04:09 PM
try blocking out as much of the outside world as you can from view. Helps with immersion.

dodiano
02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
You need a 767 throttle quadrant I guess!! I have a couple of 767 real panels even some spare ones maybe you might need one is not much but might help a bit... Throw me an email... By the way I´m using LEVEL D as the base for my sim too...

viro_online@hotmail.com

Take care,

Roberto

Mountie
02-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Yes that sounds good but I'm in a small, small room for a couple of months then I've got plans to take over half the garage which should help with cooling, even in the winter months I've been suffering with room temps of 32C with the heat off and window open. Kind of wrecks the flying...

cbaye
02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Welcome Aboard!

I've got a bunch of GoFlight stuff in my sim and I'm also a big fan of 757 so I would be happy to help you where I can. There are a bunch of pictures of my cockpit in the photo gallery maybe it will give you some ideas. As someone pointed out a little "paint and plywood" make all the difference. While not an expert with FSUIPC, I've managed to use most of it's special functions and can help you with GF Display programming to make the LED's do things other than what is available out of the box from GoFlight.

- Chris

Mountie
02-21-2007, 02:06 AM
This site is fantastic I didn't know where to find like minded cockpit building people like myself and have been suffering alone in silence much to the ridicule of workmate.... lol... Now I think I can get to grips with this and build that setup I really have wanted..

Cheers all,

Mountie

"Peter"

Michael Carter
02-21-2007, 04:58 AM
Trevor is spot on. You have the makings of a great generic cockpit right now with all of that hardware.

Plywood and paint are your friends! :D

As Dodiano suggested, a Boeing 767 throttle with a center control stand will make a world of difference in the overall experience.