PDA

View Full Version : PMSystems 99b blinking leds!

dcutugno
02-19-2007, 04:49 PM
I emailed this to PM support has anyone the same problem?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After update to 99b if i turn off the battery switch my leds start blinking!?

Tried default systems file and thomas one, strange things happens! like wipers go on etc..

I have a MasterCard and tried a new sioc minimalistic file (i tought some offsets conflictings) but same things.

Also with default logics even if my hardware Engine start swithches are set to GRD or CONT they return in the software panel to OFF position!?

Here is my SIOC file, after i added the first led for HYD pumps it started blinking when batt is off.

Check it out!

Here is my SIOC code with nothing wrong i think!

Olympic260
02-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Yep same here, regarding the leds, actually mine start blinking when Batt is se to ON also

I have sent an email about a month ago and gthey told me that they were going to look at it.

Chris

James Twomey
02-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Just to add my two cents worth, I'm experiencing the same thing. Just out of curiosity, are you both using Phidgets as well? For a short while I thought that it might have been Phidgets related.

Regards,
James

Michael Carter
02-27-2007, 12:57 AM
Oh my.

How do you learn to write those instructions?

James Twomey
02-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Actually with Phidgets, Alan Dyer has already written the instructions and developed a freindly user interface to program with. I too am program dumb and without Alans work I would still be lost!

Regards,
James

Olympic260
02-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Just to add my two cents worth, I'm experiencing the same thing. Just out of curiosity, are you both using Phidgets as well? For a short while I thought that it might have been Phidgets related.

Regards,
James

James, the same happens even without phidgets. The Leds are blinking even at the PM system graphical interface

dcutugno
02-27-2007, 05:42 AM
I'm using IO cards from Opencockpits, so it is not an Hardware interface problem!

CocnutAir
02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
...have been holding my breath throughout post.

For the record, there is no writing instructions with Phidgets.
Everything can be set using (what I hope) is a friendly application interface.

Tony
02-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Check the standby power switch.
I found my settings for that switch changed and when I clicked to off (software), the blinking stopped.

James Twomey
02-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Well, it seems to be the PM Systems 99b then.

Alan, yes your Phidgets interface application is VERY user freindly! I was just curious if the problem exsisted outside of us phidgets users and I got my answer...:D

Tony, that is interesting. Will have to check it out. Thanks.

Regards,
James

dcutugno
02-28-2007, 04:50 AM
Be aware,Phidgets have direct support in PMsystems software, so they can be programmed directly inside the program no need to use the phidgets software for that!

CocnutAir
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Was curious as well...was why I was holding my breath. :)
I would also recommend using the pmSystems Phidget support as much as possible. A "One-Stop Shop" approach is always preferable.

James Twomey
03-03-2007, 04:12 PM
dcutugno,

YOu say that Phidgets has direct support in PM systems. Do I have to have the phidgets cards plugged into same computer in which PM Systems is running to make that function work?

Thanks
James

Bob Reed
03-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I think this is the case. At least that is how I did it.

James Twomey
03-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks Bob,

I'm kind of reluctant to have it direct with PM Systems as Alan has a neat feature with fsphidgets that allows you to set up sounds to be played. It is sort of neat when you turn the switch to start engine one, it initiates the safety talk given by the cabin crew. Sort of adds an ambiance to it :cool: