PDA

View Full Version : Engine start sequence - Airbus

3202b
02-15-2007, 04:38 AM
Hi guys I'm having problems with the auto start sequence with the Airbus. While starting an engine everything looks like it's going well then all of a sudden the N1 and N2 shoot up to like 80% and 90% then spool back down to idle. I've tried adding the engine start parameters to the Aircraft Config file but it still shoots up everytime. Has anybody got any ideas how to make the start sequence more realistic?

Thanks

Ben

Matt Olieman
02-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi Ben, Download the following check list. That should be of help:
http://mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=10

3202b
02-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi Matt, thanks - that's exactly what I'm doing. The spool rates just seem way to high! - I'm sure the engines should not reach over 80%N1 while starting. I wonder what the problem could be.

Matt Olieman
02-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I misread your statement.... I need to quit speed reading :)

What aircraft file are you using, I would think it has something the settings in the file. I know all Turbines spool up quite a bit on startup, I guess I never noticed how much.

Perhaps others can comment or move this post to the Dodianos Aribus... he would know :)

Bob Reed
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Well in the 737 I noticed they spool up pretty high before settling down to idle. But I have never paid attention to how high. Will be in the sim in a bit will see what it does.

Trevor Hale
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Bob.... Please tell me what business your in, because I would like to have work hours like yours... LOL

Bob Reed
02-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Well Trevor I am self employed. And if you want the hours I have been working you can have them. Because they also mean no pay check! So there are disadvantages to my schedule! ;)

Trevor Hale
02-15-2007, 12:08 PM
I know, I was just buggin you....

Bob Reed
02-15-2007, 12:32 PM
The other side of no paycheck..... Wife says no $$ for sim stuff! :( That hardly seems fair! So I am just taking care of all the stuff that needs doing around the house with crossed fingers I will get my allowance this week so I can order a few things... You know, just the bare essentials... What do you mean I don't "need" that projector??!!! :)

3202b
02-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Cheers guys, I'm using the Overland A320 aircraft with the Pedro merge from AVSIM - it is extremly stable and basically dead on the numbers. I'll ask over in Dodiano's bus forum for more info. I'm sure I read somewhere you could adapt the way the engines start in PMSYS somehow though.