PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Vista?

James Twomey
02-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Hello all,

Is there anyone out there using MS Vista operating system with their PM software? If so any problems noticed?

I'm thinking about upgrading my main FS computer however the new systems all come with Vista on them and not sure if I want to get one if it doesn’t work with PM Software.

Regards,
James

Bob Reed
02-10-2007, 03:31 PM
There are people using it with no problems. I am not hot to change at this time. I have used Vista and it is ok but I am not real excited about all the crap they have added. Always asking your permission to do things and so forth. But eventually we will have to change. Not to mention I am not ready to switch 11 machines over just yet!

James Twomey
02-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Yikes 11 Machines?!!!!!! And I thought that my five was a lot of machines!

Okay that is good to hear that PM software is not having a problem with Vista. However I just thought of another question, now that you brought up your eleven machines. Do you believe that I can run my Main FS computer in Vista and the remaining four in XP across the network system?

I remember that when XP out it had a way in which to work backwards with window ME and backwards for configuring your network.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
James

Bob Reed
02-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Well I think so. I have not tried this. Vista did work on my network but Vista has some very special networking stuff. Like I said I did not try it!

ekezz
02-10-2007, 04:35 PM
When it ain't broken, don't fix it...
I'd wait a bit on Vista, what does it add right now to Fsim?

James Twomey
02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
That is a very good point ekezz. So it looks like a new system without Vista.

B738
12-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with my flight sim computer which has just been changed over. Its loaded with vista but the other 9 computer run XP.

Just can't get 8 of my XP computers to hookup with Widefs. I can see each computer through 'My Network'. My EICAS computer has no issues but the others won't connect. I'm thinking its a configuration issue as one of them works? I have almost tried everything!

Also, while I've got you guys. Whats the line I put in the FSUIPC.cfg file so I can execute the "RunReadys" on the remote computers?

Thanks for your time guys.

sacramento
12-23-2007, 04:05 PM
HI:

I Have problems with GLide Slope in PM...I don't know why but the AP don't catch the Glide SLope...Localizer it's ok!!

Someone have this problem with FSX in VISTA?

Thanks
Manuel Sacramento

super80
12-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi,

I'm running Vista 32 on my main FSX server, 2 PM clients are running xp and 1 is running Win ME(don't ask :p).

So far, no problems with network communications or functionality. Just make sure you are running the latest FSUIPC and WideFS.

Regards,
Victor

leonpo
12-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Currently there is a some problem with direct Phidget support in PMSystems in Vista 64 bit

Regards,

Leon

Tim
01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
As of today I am using Vista 64 with FSX and PM.

Only one issue that I can't seem to resolve.

When I run PMCheckFile, I get the error saying FSPLANS is not shared. I go to Documents/Flight Simulator Files and share it as FSPLANS.

I get a confirmation that it is shared (checking file properties) and the graphic over the folder. I then run PMCheckFile and get the same no share error. If I go back to the Document folder and check Properties, it says shared but now the sharing graphic is missing form the folder.

Any ideas?

Thomas Richter
01-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Hi

It depends on your setup of Vista, different user accounts. So you have to give rights to this accounts and as well for the Clients to connect to the shared foler.
The easier is the Vista setup the easier is the Network setup!

brianwilliamson
01-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Manuel Sacramento
Same problem here I have spent weeks trying to find out why this is happening. Here are some results so far.
SYSTEM : Vista 32/FSX SP2/ABGC/MCDU/FCU. Using the Airbus from FSX and no panel or Auto-pilot.
Starting a new flight it will do a good ILS and do a complete Cat3 Autoland.
If you then take off again the trim goes beserk and is uncontrollable with the FCU (auto-pilot) and if you do happen to recover, then the glide slope will not be intercepted but the LOC is ok.
RESULT: Start or save a new flight each time you want to fly.
Regards............Brian W.

Bob Reed
01-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Manuel Sacramento
Same problem here I have spent weeks trying to find out why this is happening. Here are some results so far.
SYSTEM : Vista 32/FSX SP2/ABGC/MCDU/FCU. Using the Airbus from FSX and no panel or Auto-pilot.
Starting a new flight it will do a good ILS and do a complete Cat3 Autoland.
If you then take off again the trim goes beserk and is uncontrollable with the FCU (auto-pilot) and if you do happen to recover, then the glide slope will not be intercepted but the LOC is ok.
RESULT: Start or save a new flight each time you want to fly.

Hi Brian, just a quick question, do you have the FSX AP disabled?

Thomas Richter
01-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Just try the same without any PM softwre. I think you will have the same effect!
I remember that when we have been in the Beta Pete told a mystic problem. Sometimes it happens that some systems fails on landing. I have the same sometimes with e.g. the reversers, that they after a landing no longer work. Only a new FSX start solves the problem.
I think this old bug in FSX is still sometimes in, and if so it will may be be in as long FSX lifes.

brianwilliamson
01-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Gooday Bob..........Using the Airbus from FSX and no panel or Auto-pilot.
Yes completely disabled.
As long as we all know it is a problem with FSX, then we can do the work-around. Wish I had know weeks ago !!

Cheers................Brian W

brianwilliamson
01-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Just try the same without any PM softwre. I think you will have the same effect!
I remember that when we have been in the Beta Pete told a mystic problem. Sometimes it happens that some systems fails on landing. I have the same sometimes with e.g. the reversers, that they after a landing no longer work. Only a new FSX start solves the problem.
I think this old bug in FSX is still sometimes in, and if so it will may be be in as long FSX lifes.

Sorry Thomas, but I cannot agree. I have just done 15 ILS approach and landings in FSX SP2 with the AIRBUS from FSX and it did not miss the GS once. It did one take-off that went ape as far as the trim, but was able to recover. So it still appears as if the Magenta FCU for some reason is not doing the same job.