PDA

View Full Version : Fly By Wire

3202b
02-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi guys, I'm trying to find the best FBW solution for my Airbus sim. I've looked at FS Communicator but it seems to have ceased trade by the looks of it? What solutions are there?

Thanks

Ben

dodiano
02-10-2007, 02:10 PM
By Fly by wire yo mean the Autotrim Functions and Attitude sustain right so taht when you turn and leave the stick it will mantain the attitude till you move it back again?? Cause the fly by Wire system in the BUS mixes a lot of other things... BUt someone once mentioned that is a function of the Plane itself not the panel you could try it with PSS or one of those Airbus Planes PSS is quite decent I have to say...

Regards,

Roberto

Bob Reed
02-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Are you using Project magenta? i only ask as this limits what aircraft you can use. If not try the ones Roberto suggests.

brianwilliamson
02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Try the latest FSX. The Airbus in that replicates fly by wire fairly well. That is what I am using at the moment, even though Project Magenta does have it also implimented.
Regards..................Brian W.

dodiano
02-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey Brian! I wanted to ask that did they replicate the Pich and Attitude autotrim functions in the FSX Bus??

Regards,

Roberto

Bob Reed
02-10-2007, 02:28 PM
PM's version is not finished yet but does work well if you are using standard joysticks and not analog ones through a different interface.

3202b
02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi I'm using PM software, with a standard Joystick. I was wanting to replicate as many features of FBW as possible including envelope protection and the different laws. FSCOM looks like it does that but it looks like it no longer exsists :? The PM FBW seems a little unstable at the moment, I know Enrico was trying to rework it a few weeks ago - I might ask him if he can do anything more to improve it.

Bob Reed
02-10-2007, 02:41 PM
no time line but FSCommunicator may be back!! All I can say right now.

brianwilliamson
02-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Gooday Roberto.........the auto trim kind of works !! It all needs a bit of upgrading but it does help hand flying, so that you can fill the glass while doing a turn !
Cheers.................Brian W.

dodiano
02-11-2007, 04:42 PM
jejejeje So you actually are familliar with my Job then?? LOL!! It is great MSFS X included the Bus and the Autotrim functions at least that is really cool!! Hope you are having fun! How is that Pit coming along buddy??

Regards,

Roberto

brianwilliamson
02-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Roberto............you are invited to come over and do some test flying. Mainly to test the drink table I guess !!
Just updating the cnc motor and spindle, as the one I have been using is showing a little too much out of round, so should have that rectified by the week-end. Will then cut out the remaing panels for the pedestal, which should be fairly fast, then to get the software up to date, hopefully.
Cheers................Brian W.

dodiano
02-17-2007, 01:12 PM
I have to get My Australian Visa I have vacations again in October was planning to heading to Ianīs Cameron Place and I think Iīll head to yours too Brian if there is no problem a lot OF BEER I guess LOL!!!

THANKS FOR THE INVITATION!

Roberto