PDA

View Full Version : AP/RST, AT/RST, FMC/RST - Offsets?

imported_sweker
09-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Evening Gents,
I've been looking for sometime on how to configure the AFDS annunciators and switches. Has anyone had any success with this? I'm betting that programming within PM Systems will be required, but before I go down that road, I'd like to confirm no other solution fits. Thanks! :D

AP disconnect = AP/RST LED Flashing
AT disconnect = AT/RST LED Flashing
FMC Message = FMC/RST LED

Selecting any of the appropriate switches will stop the flashing. Thanks, Steve

alandyer
09-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Steve,

The latest FS2Phidget beta has a check box for digital input labelled Push-to-Reset.

Pressing Calibrate button will permit you to assign a digital input to one of the digital outputs on the card.

I assigned digital outputs to AUTOPILOT_MASTER_SWITCH, AUTOTHROTTLE_ARM and CDU_MSG in FS2PhUIPC401.ini
These offsets are 07BC, 0810 and 052C.

For A/T and A/P digital outputs I checked boxes Invert to make annunciator illuminate when A/P and A/T go to Off.

Check Flash box to make annunciators flash.

Regards,
Alan.

alandyer
09-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Steve,

Specific steps:

(1) Wire up lamps for digital output.
(2) Assign digital outputs to variables in my previous reply.
(3) Check Invert and Flash boxes as appropriate.

(4) Wire up A/T to digital input.
(5) Check Push-to-Reset box.
(6) Press Calibrate button
(7) Select output to reset i.e. A/T output.
(8) Do (4) - (7) for A/P and FMC

Regards,
Alan.

imported_pylet
10-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Excellent! This is exactly what I was looking for also. Only problem I have now is that I do not have CDU_MSG in FS2PhUIPC401.ini. Any ideas? Also does anyone know what the offsets are for "SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM"?

Thanks,
Lyle

alandyer
10-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Lyle,

Emailed you updated 401 ini.

Will be posting updated beta later this weekend.

Not sure if MS-FS or PM simulates speed brake failures.

Regards,
Alan

imported_sweker
10-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks Allan,
Appreciate the feedback. :D

imported_pylet
10-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks Alan! Excellent support in this support forum.

Lyle

luker22
05-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Hello Guys,

I've been monitoring this great Phidgets forum for some time. In my B737 I'm up to building the AFDS switches, the ones that indicate when the A/T and/or A/P have been disconnected or whether there is a message from the FMC.

I think I understand how to make them work using phidgets after reading Alan's post with clear instructions :) but one question remains. How to make the test switch co-located with the panel work. i.e flicking the test switch to either position 1 or 2 should illuminate all the ADFS indicators...

Is there an offset for this in FS9 ? I didn't think there was and if not can you somehow route this function ouside of FS9? In theory it should be a simple input state (switch) resulting in outputs (LED illumination) being actioned but is there a way to do this from outside FS9 using FS2Phidgets without resorting to Visual Basic or other form of programing ??? I am currently using an 8/8/8 card.

Hope to hear from you

Cheers,
Luke

CocnutAir
05-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Luke,

Here's how you set Test switches on AFDS.

(1) Use configuration button to the red lamp digital outputs to circuit 7 (you can pick any circuit from 1 to 31).
(2) Use configuration button to the amber lamp digital outputs to circuit 6 (you can pick any circuit from 1 to 31).

(3) Select digital input for Test 1 switch position. Press configure button, and check "Push-to-Test" check box. Assign to circuit 7.

(4) Select digital input for Test 2 switch position. Press configure button, and check "Push-to-Test" check box. Assign to circuit 6.

Regards,
Alan.

CocnutAir
05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Same reply, but with clearer language :)

Luke,

Here's how you set Test switches on AFDS.

(1) Use the configuration button to set the red lamp digital outputs to circuit 7 (you can pick any circuit from 1 to 31).
(2) Use the configuration button to set the amber lamp digital outputs to circuit 6 (you can pick any circuit from 1 to 31).

(3) Select digital input for Test 1 switch position. Press configure button, and check "Push-to-Test" check box. Assign to circuit 7.

(4) Select digital input for Test 2 switch position. Press configure button, and check "Push-to-Test" check box. Assign to circuit 6.

Regards,
Alan.

luker22
06-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks for your reply Alan,

I'm wating to take delivery of some new panels I've ordered which include the switches and led's for the AFDS and I will give it a try as soon as it is in my hands. I assume that circuits 1-31 are a limit imposed by the configuration utility within fs2phidgets? ...i.e if you are using a LED64 I would have assumed 0-63 would be viable choices for the circuits...

In any case this should give me enough to tinker with it and it should be come clearer when I try it again.

Thanks again Alan for your excellent support

Cheers,
Luke

CocnutAir
06-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Luke,

The circuit labels are not related to Phidget component numbers.
Circuits are FS2Phidget's method for associating Phidget components that need to work together.

You do raise a good issue.
There is a potential for confusion.
Maybe I should make circuit labels circuits "A", "B", "C"......"AA", "AB", etc.
Or permit user to choose a meaningful labels for circuits.
e.g. "AFDS Test 1", "AFDS Test 2", "AFDS P/RST".

Regards,
Alan.

luker22
06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks Alan,

I understand now.

Yes, the ability to give the circuits a more meaningful label would be great and assist in trouble shooting by avoiding confusion when you have a number of circuits in use...I guess this comes from my days as a programmer...

Thanks again
Luke

CocnutAir
06-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Luke,

I have incoporated your suggestion into my next release.

Have a look in the Downloads section on the site.
Click on the FS2Phidget link.

There is is a download on FS2Phidget features I will be releasing in near future.
File is named FS2PhidgetsNotams.pdf

There is a section on Circuits you will find informative.

New release also has new Logic Variable functionality.
Works like regular FS Variables, but allows builder specify logical expressions.
Overview of Logic Variables is also in download.
Idea for concept came from Maurice (mauben).

Regards,
Alan.

luker22
06-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks Alan,

I've managed to download and look at the pdf covering circuits and it looks really good, clear and user friendly. The ability to use circuits and logic really gives FS2Phidgets some power.

Thankyou for your continued excellent support to the community ! 8-)

Cheers,
Lucas