PDA

View Full Version : What do I need for a 737NG throttle

jazer
08-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Hello,

Im building a 737 NG throttle and i'd like to know how i can get the AT working the autospoilers, the trim wheels and the stabtrimindicator working. What do Phidgets products do I need?

Thanks for your help,
Jacir van Wijk

mauriceb
09-01-2006, 04:27 AM
I would say the Phidgets 8/8/8 card, the 4 channel servo interface, 2 servos for the throttles & 1 servo for the spoilers
As far as the trim wheels are concerned, that's another story. On my throttle, I used small DC motors controlled by the 8/8/8 board but they have no real function except for looks (I like to see them rotate in response to autopilot commands). Phidgets now have a motor controller board and this may be a better solution but I don't know anything about it.
For the trim indicators, I used the text LCD with 8/8/8 indicator rather than a complicated mechanical linkage.
I also designed some simple logic circuits to help with some of the functions. You can see the schematics in the pictures link I enclosed below if you are interested.

Hope this helps
Maurice

Here are some pics of my throttle assembly. I still have to do the labels, but everything else works.
http://community.webshots.com/album/549398024hromFI