PDA

View Full Version : Help assigning collective to slider for heli

lineman55
07-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi,
I cant seem to assign my slider to get the collective to work on the helicopter in FS9.I got the twist throttle to work ok but the collective does read ok in the program,but no matter what I try choosing it does not respnd.in fs9 I have tried all engines from engine 1 thru 4 with each choice starting at thrttle lever thru prop levers.Can you steer me to the correct assignment?
Kind regrds
James

alandyer
07-28-2006, 01:30 PM
James,

Are you able to see any response from sliders when using one of the Phidget example programs ?

Regards,
Alan.

alandyer
07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
James,

I was playing around with throttle and noticed typo in FS2PhUIPC401.ini for throttle #1.
Offset should be 088C and not 888C.
Bad case of Fat Finger Syndrome :)

Regards,
Alan.

lineman55
07-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks Alan,
Yes I discovered that also in the FSUIPC listing.I got it working now. :)
I do have another issue though,trying to get the gov incr/decr switch to work.
I can see that code is 2DC6 for the gov but no matter what I try, reading your instructions with the new updated version. nothing happens.
I am using a 3 way switch 1/0/2 for this function.
It is reading in your software when I move the switch either side and off in the center.
The value says 0 to 16,8xxx and climbs to a value higher, slowly in FSUIPC
I believe I understand about the DESCRETE function alright, but for some reason I cant get either (incr or decr) to move on the heli collective.
I went in and assigned my own function,gave it a name and filled in the needed code info from FSUIPC in the FS401.INI file.
Im not asking how to get both side to work..I dont mind figuring out the software..
but shouldnt 1 side work with the given FSUIPC value?

Kind regards
James

alandyer
07-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Was curious.
Where did you obtain 2DC6 for gov ?

alandyer
07-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Are you using MS-FS' helicopter ?
Where is gov switch located - so I can play with it.
Never played with chopper in Flight Sim.
Only have 25 minutes in my log book for real helicpter.
Robinson R22.

lineman55
07-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Alan,
I got that 2DC6 from the FSUIPC SDK LIST .
The gov switch is located on the BELL collective in FS9right above and to the right of the start button.
It toggles the RPM on the main rotor gauge by INCREMENTS using a 3 way toggle.

alandyer
07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
James,

Now that I have lastest SDK... :)

Here's what SDK documentation states.
Helicopter “beep” (whatever that is—something to do with the governor). This value is also controlled by the Increase Heli Beep and Decrease Heli Beep FS controls. It appears to change from 0 to 16313 then more slowly to 16368.

Looks like a range of values to me.
i.e. 0 to 16368

If documentation had read:
Helicopter “beep” (whatever that is—something to do with the governor). This value represents the state of the Beep switch and only has values 0, 1 and 2.

Then there would only be 3 discrete values.

By actually examing the values in FS can it be determined how accurate documentation is. "The offset value never lies".

Regards,
Alan.

alandyer
07-31-2006, 07:13 PM
James,

Thanks. Fired up Bell helicopter on my development system, which has FS2002.
Located the governor switch.

Will play around with a 3 position switch.

How do you want switch to work ?

(a) Increase governor value while switch is in incr and decr position ?

(b) Increase gov by fixed amount with each press to incr or decr.
i.e. like a pulsed switch. (kinda like the Pulse setting for the Reaction Control System on the Space Shuttle).

My sim is FS2004, but was too lazy to fire up.

Regards,
Alan.

lineman55
08-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi Alan,
I would like it to work like (b) Increase gov by fixed amount with each press to incr or decr.

I spent the whole evening working with the given values and could not get it to move whatsoever.
I tried everything I was getting values of 89,90 and when I "latched" I saw 16368
for a value.So then I thought I was on to something here!
I would enter in the valuse needed and it kept changing to 90 ..?
I had to walk away and take a break from it..
Is there hope for this function?
Have you got it to move in FS?
I will be checking back often during the evening.
Thanks Alan

alandyer
08-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Examine value of variable as it is represented in MS-FS.
i.e. change gov using mouse and clicking on switch in MS-FS iteself and observe offset values with fs2phidget or fsinterrogate.
What values do we get ?

lineman55
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
ok Alan,
Hitting the switch in FS Im getting 89xxxxxxxx till it stops in the FS VALUE in Flight Function Editor
usng real time detect
low value 90
high value 90

using RANGE OF VALUES button

Raw FS value goes from 0 thru 16368 in increments

lineman55
08-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Alan,
What values are you seeing?
Am I looking at the same info you are?

alandyer
08-02-2006, 04:29 PM
James,

After adding a configuration setting and fixing small bug I was able to alter the gov value.

However, as you may have noticed the beep button does not increase or decrease the gov value in a linear way. Not only is non-linear, but the rate varies depending on whether incrementing or decrementing.

Bear in mind, that the offset we are working with is NOT the beep switch but a governer value.

Fs2Phidget in its current form will allow you to increase or decrease value by a set amount. Say, 7 or -7.

If you want current version of program send an email to alan@coconutair.com and I will send you latest.

Regards,
Alan.

lineman55
08-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Sounds great Alan
EMAIL was sent

alandyer
08-05-2006, 05:48 AM
James,

Let me know how updated software worked for you.

For the folks listening at home: found a bug and added feature to output value once or continuously when switch is on.
Will be available as beta next few days.

Regards,
Alan.