PDA

View Full Version : prop control

gokhotit
02-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I have recently acquired a proppeller control box out of a DC-6. the prop is controlled via two pole, two way, momentary toggle switches.I cant figure out how to control the prop for smooth and stable movement using these switches. I can get them to go all the up and all the way down. does anyone have any ideas how I can get it do this??? thanx in advance.

alandyer
02-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Trying to understand function.

Does prop pitch increase or decrease only while the switch is held in one position or another ?

Regards,
Alan.

gokhotit
02-18-2006, 03:30 PM
YEs. I only goes from feather to full pitch. Relese the switch, it goes back to feather. I want to set it up so prop will increase when the switch is pushed up, and decrease when the switch is pushed downward.

alandyer
02-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Go,

Here is what you need to do.
I am assuming you have wired one of the switch ways to a digital input and the other way to another digital input.

(1) Assign both of these digital inputs to your Prop fsvariable.
You have done this already :)

(2) Click on Calibrate
(3) Check the " Add Step Value while input ON?" box.
(4) Set a step value.

The prop will move by this amount, with each increment of your refresh rate.
The bigger the value the faster prop pitch will increase or decrease.
A negative step value will move prop pitch the other way.

This is how I drive elevator pitch using momentary buttons on yoke.

Regards,
Alan.

gokhotit
02-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok..got the props to move..now whenever i release the switch, it immediately goes back to feather. what can I do to fix this? How do u get your variables to stick to a value? :confused:

gokhotit
02-21-2006, 09:03 AM
YAY!! I got it all to work! Just had to click the "latch" button in the program. :rolleyes: Helps to read the instructions.

alandyer
02-24-2006, 12:30 PM
I should have known that !!!

You're way ahead of me :)