PDA

View Full Version : how to get 0/16/16 attached?

stefanloss
11-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Hi to all,

I just recieved my 0/16/16 Interface Kit, which I would like to use with the Fs2Phidgets software and FS2004.

Now I have a problem getting the thing working:

First problem - It took me quite a while to get FS2Phidget working, because, following the default installation process, it would install itself into the "Programme" folder on C:\ (Win XP, Update 2, German Edition). Finally I found out that I have to manually change the installation path to "progam files" to get the software started. Otherwise I would get a "Runtime Error 76, path not found" message. The program would start, but the tabs would stay gray.

Now, I was not sure where to put the "phidget.msi", since it would, by default, install itself into the"Programme" folder too. Finally I ended up installing it into both folders manually.

Qestion 1: Could please someone tell me exactly which software I have to install where to get the whole thing set up properly?

Second problem - after I got Fs2Phidget running, I tried to follow the manual to get my 0/16/16 running. Auto detection of the kit in the card manager works, but the tab on the main screen keeps telling "unattached".

When I click on "connect to phidgets", I get an error message telling

"runtime error 2147023116 (8800706f4) method '~" of object'~' failed"

and after clicking on "OK" the program closes down.

Windows itself obviously detects the kit, since it makes a "ding-dong" sound when plugging or unplugging it.

Any Idea on this?
Best regards,
Stefan.

alandyer
11-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Stefan,

Did you install latest version of beta ?

Myself and Andreas (in Denmark) both experienced problems with latest beta.
Big "Thank You" to Andreas for helping me resolve probleempie

I am about to release latest version that will address both your problems.

New version will:
- permit you to install into any folder of your choice.
- supports latest beta.

Latest version has emulation for interfacekit, servo, encoder and TextLCD cards.
What I am calling ePhidgets.

Version also produces a log that should help me resolve future issues builders might have.

New version will be available on this web site on Monday, after Thanksgiving long weekend, or send me an email at alan@coconutair.com and I will replay with latest version.

Regards,
Alan.

stefanloss
11-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Alan, you have mail!
:D

Anyway, I forgot to post my software versions:
FS2Phidget: Version 3.1.2
Phidget20dll Version 1.0.6
Library Version 2.0.8

Best regards,
Stefan

alandyer
11-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Udated version coming soon to a screen near you !

stefanloss
11-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi Alan,

thank you very much. Everything is running perfectly now with 3.2!

Greetings,
Stefan.