PDA

View Full Version : A new feature for FS2Phidget

vinz_A320
10-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi ALan,

My configuration is now working very well :) ... Then, I started to finish the panel
installation - all wires are connected to phidgets and FS2Phidget is running 24h a day to test the reliability.

I have started the configuration of the Airbus Autobrake panel (Low Med & MAX) which is fitted with 3 push buttons (depress in = set, depress in again = off). then, Is it possible to add the "Toggle" feature to your sofware allowing to toggle an offset with a simple pushbutton ?

Secondly. is it possible to determine a discrete variable with 5 different values instead of 3 in your documentation (it's for my flaps lever which has 5 digital positions)?

Thanks for all your efforts and, one more time : congratulations !!!

Regards

Vinz

alandyer
10-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Vinz,

The feature you are looking for is already there.
Try the "Latch" checkbox and see if that will work for you.

As many discrete values as you want !
Discretes are convenient way of working with digital on and off values.
You could set up on and off values for a switche without discretes.

Regards,
Alan.

vinz_A320
10-27-2005, 12:17 PM
:)

YES !!! it works !!!... thanks a lot.

I understand now very well all eatures of your software.
Because I would like to make my sim very similar to an Airbus, I found new features
which were very interresting for all simers.

for example, Airbus flaps : Airbus has 5 different Flaps positions : 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 and Full. All positions are generating a combination of slats & flaps...

But for the Flaps 1, we have conditions for slats/flaps extension : if you select flaps 1 on the ground, Flaps will be "1+F" (Slats & Flaps). if you select flaps 1 in flight (for approach), Flaps will be "1" only (only slats).

Then, is it possible to add logic formulas (using 2 or 3 different FSUIPC offsets) for the output generation ? for exemple
if aircraft is on the ground (offset 0366 =1) AND flaps selector = 1 then FLAPS = 1+F (=6500)
if aircraft is airborne ((offset 0366 =0) AND flaps selector = 1 then FLAPS = 1

For the management of the AUTOBRAKE PANEL, some logic equations may be create very realistic behaviors....

What do you think about that ?

regards

Vincent

alandyer
10-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Vincent,

Project Magenta has released pmSystems for the Airbus 320.

pmSysems has feature for creating custom logic. That may be your best option.
Have a look at Boeing forums. Boeing sim-nauts have been doing some creative things with customizing feature.

Regards,
Alan.

alandyer
10-27-2005, 03:06 PM
...I should have said.... Look at pmSystems forum....not Boeing forum.