imported_dnoize
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
**************EDIT**************************************
****sorry for crossposting, same problem is also being discussed****
****in other thread. didnt notice because of topic (runtime error) ****
****Still have the problem though :-( ***

Hi alll,

I cant install FS2phidgets 3.0.7

The installing procedure starts, but gets aborted with the message that it cant continue install because some of my files are outdated.
It offers to upgrade the files and reboot...but when i reboot, the problem is still there.

Im running XP and the phidgets.msi is installed.

Dont have a clue what is going wrong....any ideas ?

Thanks,

Stef

alandyer
05-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Are you running XP ?

Does message perhaps mention a file name ?

alandyer
05-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Are there any persons out there Running XP who ARE able to load ?
Besides myself.
Cam, I recall is XP.
Andras ?

luker
05-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Alan/dnoize

Yes I also have the problem installing 3.0.7 (and the previous version when I tried also had the some problem).

I am running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2. The file it fails on is the last one (7 of 7) which is the Visual Basic engine file MSVBVM60.DLL (even though that one already exists on my system and is up to date (same version as the one in the CAB) - it is definitely the last file in the bootstrap section of the LST file.

Even though it stops on this seventh file I don't think that is the problem as the previous version stopped on the sixth file (as there were only 6 files in the bootstrap section ) so it must occur at some point but not necessarily at the last file...

When I try to install 3.0.7 it tells me some of my files need updating (exactly like for dnoize) and that if I click ok it will re-boot the computer after updating. After the re-boot completes if I then execute the setup.exe file again the same problem occurs...ie never ending cycle of "try to install" followed by need to "re-boot"

I tried to get around the problem by extracting the files in the CAB file and manually copying the DLL/TLB files to the Windows32 directory. The files are mentioned in the bootstrap section of the LST file that get extracted as part of the 3.0.7 zip file.

I guess I may have had "limited" success because I believe some of the DLLs require registering and simply copying them over will not do this. When I manually tried to register ones like oleaut32.dll it succeeds registering but others didn't succeed.

Even after doing all this, setup.exe still insists I have "old files" that need updating. So what I did then was delete all the lines under the [BOOTSTRAP] section in the LST file. This then does the trick and installation proceeds....but as I said I do not know if there will be any side effects from doing this as some DLLs could not be registered. But I can say that FS2Phidgets.exe appears to work...my only problem then is the Error 13 type mistmatch problem when trying to connect to FS2004 (FSUIPC 3.48 registered) I have posted about in another thread, my 8/8/8 card gets detected properly though it seems.

Sorry about my long post...just trying to explain exactly what happens to me in case it helps in diagnosing the problem.

I thought the problem may be due to some other program running in the background holding a lock on the files that the installer is trying to update but I made sure no other programs were running although there were heaps of processes listed in TASK MANAGER, but I would not know which ones (if any) may be holding a lock and deciding which ones to shutdown through task manager may cause system instability.

Cheers,
Luke

alandyer
05-19-2005, 07:09 PM
I have being doing some research.

Windows XP has File Protection Feature which is invoked if a a program attempts to overwrite an older system file woith newer version that is not digitally signed.

I have just bought new lap top with latest XP and installed VB6 and VB.NET so I have latest files.

Microsoft's take on this is I should be distributing with old versions of system files.

Below is link to their note on subject.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831491

alandyer
05-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Appreciate all the research and investigation. Thanks ya'll.

I think what this comes down to: I need a download that is an upgrade only.

Persons who have already installed FS2Phidget have the required system files.
They would only need the new executable and any new FS Variable ini files (which will not change for a while).

Less work than putting together an intelligent setup executable, which is able to discern between a fresh install and an upgrade.

Regards,
Alan.

imported_dnoize
05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting into this.
There is no way to upgrade those files ?
Im running XP SP1 btw.

look forward to the new version

regards,

stef

alandyer
05-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Stef,

Actually, I need to downgrade.
Can't assume that everybody is up to date.

Alan.

Andras
05-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Are there any persons out there Running XP who ARE able to load ? Besides myself. Cam, I recall is XP.
Andras ?

Hi Alan,

I am running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
I can install, no problem there.
The two problems are:
1. Type mismatch error when trying to connect to either FS or WideClient
2. My 2 0/16/16 cards are not recognized.

regards
Andras

Mizzy
05-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi,

I've downloded latest 308.
Manage to install. Mine is Win XP SP2. FSUIPC 3.3
Able to connect/talk to FS9. FS9 and FSphidgets running on same PC. :)
Manage to create test output (on the create Test output tab)
But it still didn't recognise my 0/16/16 card. When I press the "unattached" tab. I got 'runtime error 9'. :confused:

Rgds
Mizzy

alandyer
05-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Mizzy,

Do you have latest Phidgets.msi ?
You can read that off screen.

Regards,
Alan.

Mizzy
05-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi,

Yes, I dwnloaded the latest .msi.
Library: Phidget 20DLL Version 1.0.3.

Rgds
Mizzy

imported_EW321
05-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Hi,
I think I have a Problem like yours.
If I run FSPhidgets 2.1.1 or older with msi 206 the 0/16/16 card will work only short time ( 1-2 min.) then I get the massage: program is busy and stops working.
I find out if I disconnect the 0/16/16 while program is busy, program working goes on. But if I reconnect 0/16/16 it didn't recognise. I have to restart FSPhidgets and then it works the way before.
What is wrong. I tried with new instasllation of XP pro SP1, then XP pro SP2 and WIJN 2000 pro. All the same problem.
I tried also with PMSystems (integraded msi 206) without installation of FSPhidgets and MSI, but the same, program get busy and stops working.
Please Help.

Thomas

imported_Jono
05-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi All
I got the runtime 5 error on the previous version so I was really glad that 3.08 had been released. Now, the app opens up fine when my 8/8/8 card is connected.
I now face the following new problems:
1) It doesn't always detect that FSUIPC is running (the old version was fine with this)
2) When I click the "connect to phidgets card" buttton, it comes up with a ...wait for this.."catastrophic error" (Nice touch alan! :) )

Ok, I need help please. This still isn't working for me :confused:

Thanks
Jono

hang on, I just tried the "connect to phidget card" button again (for the 20'th time) and this time it has worked! Cool! Only thing is that it hasn't detected my fsuipc running :confused:

imported_dnoize
05-22-2005, 12:09 AM
im still experiencing problems.

* With the older 2.x version i get a runtime "5" error.

* The new 3.08 version still breaks off the installation on my computer at the
file 7/7 point.

I tried to find the problem in the bootstrap section and found the next thing:

when i delete the next entry int the "bootstrap files" section of the "setup.lst", the installer will continue installing.

"File5=@olepro32.dll,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister),,8/4/04 2:00:00 PM,83456,5.1.2600.2180"

After done this, FS2phidgets will run, it will connect my phidgets LEDS card, it will connect to flight simulator.

What it doesnt do though is recognize my 0/16/16 cards..... :(

So i am puzzled here.....it does see my ledcard, but not my input/output card.

I will try and update my Vbasic files to see if that solves anything.

i'm quite frustrated about this ...anyone any ideas ?

Phidgets20.dll = ver. 1.03
Phidget.com library = 2.06
Installation package is 3.08
FS2004
WinXP SP1
FSUIPC 3.22 (allthough i dont think its an FSUIPC problem)

best regards,

Stef

imported_dnoize
05-22-2005, 12:30 AM
To add to that:

Phidget Monitor (from the examples folder) does recognize my 0/16/16 card ! Its just FS2Phidgets thatt doesnt.

Same with the interfacekit-16_16.exe from the examples.zip: it does recognize the 16/16 card and nicely lights up the leds of the outputs....so its not defective hardware or communication of the phidgets drivers. The problem seems to be within FS2phidgets.

Stef

imported_dnoize
05-22-2005, 07:52 AM
Update:

I've updated my FScomputer to XP SP2, this solves the installing problem. Both 3.07 and 3.08 install now, without getting stuck in the "cant update loop"

This doesnt solve my problems though:

FS2Phidgets 2.x :
Runtime "5" error

FS2Phidgets 3.07 and 3.08:
LEDboard is recognized, 0/16/16 boards are not.
When the 0/16/16 board is connected a "unattached" tab shows up, but you cant change anything in it. it does not represent the in and outputs of the board en you can not add offsets. When the 0/16/16 board is disconnected the "unattached" tab greys out.

Still receive some errors. When i have both a LEDboard and a 0/16/16 board attached and i disconnect the 0/16/16 board i get the following error:

" Runtime error "340" Control array element "1" doesnt exist "

When i have both LEDboard and 0/16/16 hooked on and i go to the "Unattached" tab i get the next error:

"Runtime error "9" Subscript out of range"

Is there anyone out there that has the 0/16/16 boards working with the phidgets in any way ? If so, could you please tell me what combination of FS2phidgets, phidgets.msi, FSUIPC, XP and FS you are using ?

I have tried this on 3 computers now. All 3 running Win XP pro, SP2 and all give the same errors.

All this renders my boards completely useless and i have to admit im quite frustrated by now ;)

I switched from IOcards to Phidgets because of the ease of use with PMsystems, but right now im pulling my hair ;) by the time im bald i switch back to IOcards :rolleyes:

Help :(

Best regards,

Stef

alandyer
05-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Jono,

This version works a little differently.
You need to click om "Connect to FS: button.

This was mentioned on this forum and is in the updated documentation.

Regards,
Alan.

alandyer
05-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Stef (and others),

I have identified problem with non-recognition of 0/16/16.

We have a volunteer (kind soul shall remain annonymous for now) testing 3.0.9 which addresses most of the problems idetified to date.

Regards,
Alan.

imported_dnoize
05-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Alan,

Thanks for the fast reply !

Look forward to see the new version. Cant wait ;)

I'd love to really start wiring my overhead with the phidgets. The ease of use of your software is amazing compared to that of my IOcards (which i still use for my radios and other parts of my flightdeck), but for that i will need working 0/16/16's ;)

If you need another volunteer <raises hand> ;)

Stef

Mizzy
05-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Alan,

Keep it coming. Can't wait to see my cockpits' LEDs working with FSphidget. At least to start with since I'm new with all this I/O things... :cool:

Rgds
Mizzy