PDA

View Full Version : thrust reverser question

B747classicbuilder
02-03-2005, 12:27 PM
hello everybody

i am new over here, so let me introduce myself first

My name is Marc, i am a realworld flight attendant for a small airline in the middle of europe. unfortunately i never made it as a pilot, so now i am building myself a homecockpit, based on real components out of a scrapped Boeing 747 classic.

I would like to ask some questions, regarding the Fs2phidget software.

first, if i connect two different potentiometers to each thrustlever (one for thrust, one for reverse), the only solution until now was, to connect both pots in line, and hook´m up as one single pot to the joystick axe (i hope i did not write too complicated now)

with your software, am i now able to connect one pot to an analog input, the reverser pot to a second analog input, and let the software bring both together? so that i have working thrust reversers?

also, i wanted to base my simulator on the excellent software by ralph tofflemire (ready for pushback 747-200 simulator for FS2004)but unfortunately this software doesn t give any offsets via FSUIPC, so what other possibilities do i have, to interface a complete system like the 747 classic to the pc?

does pmsystems do the job?

SIOC?

thanks for all your answers

hope to see you soon again over here

Marc

alandyer
02-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Marc,

You can use seperate pots for thottle and reversor.
That's how I have set up my throttle quadrant for my B737-700 sim.

I would keep an eye on pmSystems.
Hou pmStelsels dop.

Alan.