PDA

View Full Version : New User - Help!!

Andy737
01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
I know this is probably me being extremely stupid, but I seem to have missed something very fundamental. I am starting to build a 737 cockpit and intend to use PM Glass Cockpit and PMSystems. I have started experimenting with a couple of switches and Phidgets. I can get FS to respond to the hardware exactly as I would expect but get no reaction from PMSystems. So, for instance, if I turn on my hardware main battery switch the panel in FS lights up as you would expect, but after a very short while turns of again, persumably following the state of the PM Systems panel, on which the battery switch did not react. I feel once I have learned how to do this simple task I will be well on my way. Have I missed something really simple????

shawnpwilson
01-29-2005, 05:28 AM
If the battery doesn't have an alternate source of generating power, it will drain and thus shut off after a short period of time. I'm not sure of the startup sequence for 737's but I'd check to make sure you have the generator or APU turned on along with the battery.

Andy737
01-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Thanks Shawn. I have actually had some success now and seem to be getting started much better :)

Andy.