PDA

View Full Version : Reverser in the throttle range

Skydvdan
10-13-2004, 06:28 PM
First, let me say that if the rest of my cockpit is as easy to set up as my throttles, I'll be in business in no time. It is so nice to get rid of the wiring and boards that I was using from the 2 Logitech joysticks that I had taken apart to wire my throttles.
My question is this though: Originally I was programming the throttle range(axis) through FSUIPC directly. FSUIPC recognized the remaining joystick parts as 2 complete joysticks. Now that I'm using the analog connections on the 8/8/8 card the sim/ FSUIPC doesn't see joysticks anymore. In my sim the reverser is activated when the throttle is moved to the extreme rear of it's travel. In FSUIPC you can get the program to recognize Max, Idle and Reverse positions in the throttle axis. In FSPhidget it only asks for Max and Idle. How do I get my reverse back when pulling the throttle to the end of it's travel?

alandyer
10-16-2004, 05:19 PM
The biggest problem that every builder has with running throttle and reverser on same sensor is one of calibration.
Most builders, including myself, have throttles and reversors on seperate sensors.

If you edit the underlying database you can correct this.
How familiiar are you with Access?
Not a problem if you are unfamiliar.
I am replacing Access database with an editable INI file.
This would then be easy for you to correct.

In database THOTTLE_LEVER_1 has low value of 0.
You would change low value to -4096.

With forthcoming INI file you would change the following:

[66]
Description=THROTTLE_LEVER_1
Offset=088C
Length=2
FSType=Proportional
LoValue=0
HiValue=16384
Format=#####
[71]
Description=THROTTLE_LEVER_2
Offset=0924
Length=2
FSType=Proportional
LoValue=0
HiValue=16384

to:
[66]
Description=THROTTLE_LEVER_1
Offset=088C
Length=2
FSType=Proportional
LoValue=-4096
HiValue=16384
[71]
Description=THROTTLE_LEVER_2
Offset=0924
Length=2
FSType=Proportional
LoValue=-4096
HiValue=16384

Easy!

What aircraft are you simulating?

Skydvdan
10-17-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm simulating the C-130. Because the steam gauges have been such a headache I'm going for the "X" model or AMP (Avionics Modernization Program). I have a few conceptual drawings and I think the glass cockpit will workout great. I'll be looking forward to the ini file. Thanks again!!!

alandyer
10-17-2004, 07:54 PM
As I recall the C-130 is typical of many turbo-props.
Lift throttle or pitch lever over a gate to place prop in beta range?

Skydvdan
10-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Yes, that is what I'm going for.