PDA

View Full Version : My pit in action ...

aviaparts
01-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi,

I made two video files of my sim in action, me and my friend Patrick behind the "wheels"
You can see them here :

http://www.projectmagenta.com/dreamflight/videos.html

Enjoy ;-)

Matt Olieman
01-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Nice work Marnix... excellent Video :)

NicD
01-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Enjoyed those - thanks for sharing

BABA767
02-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Great sim and nice video....
Hope to get a good similar home cockpit in future.

regards
Valerio

My 767-300 project:
http://digilander.libero.it/valerio767/Index.htm

dodiano
02-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Dude!!Amazing sim!!! My god even my uncle was looking at it and thought it was a real Sim!!!

Regards,

Roberto

aviaparts
02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I was able to fool my mother in law, so it must look kinda real ....
After all the hours of working on it, it does feel good to fly it around !

Trevor Hale
02-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Marnix,

What does it feel like to know your sim is so..... "complete"?

Do you ever think you would like to rework anything?

I am just curious, as I am afraid of the day that mine gets to that stage.

nrasch0402
02-06-2007, 05:39 PM
wow!:o I am in awe!

aviaparts
02-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Trevor,

It looks complete, BUT there is still quit a bit to do, in fact I think that it never stops, allways things to improve. I am hoping to control pmsystems with FDT boards, this remains my final biggest issue.
The best thing right now is that if I feel like flying, I fly and if I feel like building ... I get to choose ;-)

Trevor Hale
02-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Thats's fantastic.

I think with a setup like that every bit of building you do makes everything 110% better. I would love to see a photo of how you achieved your 160 Degree view.

Do you happen to have anything that shows this?

Seeing things like that make me want to quit my job and work more on the sim, Only trouble is you need money to be able to do this kind of work.

Good luck with your FDT Boards, I am sure they will work excellently.

Regards,

Trev

aviaparts
02-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I will take a few pictures of the visual setup friday evening and post them. There are allready some pictures on my website but not of the finished version.
Talking about finished ... I am looking at adding a system to the back of the sim to make some movements (light turbulence ...) I am planning to use 2 small actuators for this.
I think this will ad an extra dimension, when the thing starts to fight during landing ;-)

aviaparts
02-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi, I took a few pictures of the visuals, along with some comments, you can find them on my webpage, this is the direct link to it :

http://www.projectmagenta.com/dreamflight/news2007.html

Trevor Hale
02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Excellent pictures, thank you.

Trev

Bob Reed
02-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi Marinx. Can you explain a little more about your visuals? You DO NOT have the crab effect? and if not, how did you do this? i know there are a number of people on here that would love to know how you made this work!!

Matt Olieman
02-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I had to go back and take another look.... The crab effect is there Bob, most of the camera work is from the center of the cockpit. When the camera is not in the center, it's obvious.

DARN, you got my hopes up Bob :)

Bob Reed
02-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Matt.I am going by what it says at his web site. That is why I asked for clarification. I thought it looked crab to me as well. But here is the direct quote "You can see that the front image is really wide, advantage is that there is no "crab" effect of the runway, caused by 2D projection. To see what I meen look at this : CRAB EFFECT" Now we will see what he says.

aviaparts
02-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi guy's,

Oeps, I think my explanations on the website are not that good, so I'm glad to jump in here.
Just to clarify, with the setup I have now, the crab effect is neglectable, that is sitting on the seats of pilot and FO or the space between them.
I won't say that it is perfect, that is impossible with systems of this budget, but it gets close to it.

The link I have added on the website (the CRAB EFFECT) was my previous cockpit, I used rear projection with only 1 projector. You can see clearly that the runway axis is out of line, even when rolling on the runway you could clearly see it.
My actual setup doesn't have this.

On my next flight I will make a video with the aircraft on the runway and move from one seat to the other, so you can see how good (or bad;-) it is.

You can allways come over and fly it yourself if your in the neighbourhood.

dodiano
02-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Dude!! Wish I could be in the Neighbourhood!! Je Je Je the real thing is not as fun as the sime cause you can get sued LOL!! On the simprobably your wife if I manage to crash it!! Thanks for sharing the videos and pics!!

Roberto

Matt Olieman
02-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, Marnix..... be right over :)

aviaparts
02-11-2007, 08:31 AM
For those comming in virtually, I got some space left next to my flightdeck and euh ... you are cleared to land ;-)

visualchaosfx
02-27-2007, 01:34 AM
Hi,

I made two video files of my sim in action, me and my friend Patrick behind the "wheels"
You can see them here :

http://www.projectmagenta.com/dreamflight/videos.html

Enjoy ;-)

Dude, could I borrow this simulator from you for like maybe 6 months lol. That was really cool. A dreamflight its. Thanks for sharing.:D

aviaparts
02-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Shure, if you come and pick it up yourselve ;-)
Allways welcome for a flight if you would happen to be in the neighbourhood, goes for all of you ...

visualchaosfx
02-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Allways welcome for a flight if you would happen to be in the neighbourhood, goes for all of you ...

lol yeah you'd probably have a hard time getting rid of me. I would be glued to the pilots seat and be playing that sim all day and night. You would have to start charging me rent or something lol8-)