PDA

View Full Version : PFD / ND / EICAS management

aluver
01-25-2007, 03:09 AM
What is the good way to manage the PFD / ND / upper EICAS / Lower EICAS in relation with the main's DU panels ( CB & FO ) ?
What PM's offsets could be used and how ?
( My hardware interface is opencockpit / sioc )
Regards

Trevor Hale
01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Maybe it is early, however I am not sure I understand your question. Would you be able to clarify this a bit?

aluver
01-25-2007, 09:34 AM
In case of malfunction, with the DU panel, we must be able to choice what display we want on what screen. ( ex: if the CB lose the PFD screen, he will transfer the PFD display on the normaly ND screen , because the PFD is the most important display ). I don't know how to do that with PM's offset or function.

Trevor Hale
01-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Honestly, thats a new one. Maybe Bob can jump in here. I am aware in real aircraft you can move the displays around where you like. In my experience with PM I have never heard of anyone actually doing this.

Good luck though.

Bob Reed
01-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Hmmm, I will have to look around in my docs... I think there is a way around this but do not quote me.. I will look.

aluver
01-26-2007, 02:32 AM
The display select panel, located on the left and right forward panels, controls the
displays on the inboard, outboard and lower DUs. Normal operation is all selectors
in the NORMAL position. The pilots’ outboard and inboard DUs display primary
flight and navigation data and the upper DU displays primary engine data and fuel
quantity.
If a DU fails, automatic display switching ensures critical information remains
available to the pilots at all times. If the system detects an operational failure on
an outboard DU, the primary flight display automatically moves to the inboard
DU and the failed outboard DU blanks. The OUTBD/INDB selector no longer has
control over that display unit. If the upper DU fails, the engine display
automatically moves to the lower DU.
Manual control of display formats is provided for undetected failures. The
outboard rotary switch on the display select panel controls the formats displayed
on either the outboard or inboard DUs. The inboard rotary switch controls the
display format shown on the lower DU.

aluver
01-29-2007, 05:37 AM
No answer ?
Did someone have his DU selection panels active in the cockpit ? ( partially or in totality )
It would be interresting to simulate a DU failure and to be able to switch the DU .

Trevor Hale
01-29-2007, 09:11 AM
I do not believe that this is a simulated option within PM Software.

It is possible someone from PM can answer this, however I do not believe that there are any key strokes or offsets to control this feature.

Best regards,

Bob Reed
01-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Well... There are keystrokes to switch the screens....But I don't know about the sizing. The "F" keys will change the current screen. But if you are doing the PFC and ND on one computer this would not work as it would change both at the same time. drop this question to support2projectmagenta.com and see what they say.

aluver
02-05-2007, 09:29 AM
For time now, I use keyboard key sending, not offset (the problem with offset is : all GC change in same time). And for computer running two instance of PM - GC ( I have upper EICAS & Lower EICAS on the same computer, on two screens), I use "Autohotkey", wich is capable of windows activate before key sending. The problem is , by this way there is a delay ( Windows problem ! ) between each order of key sending to different windows. But it works !
To deal with the others PC, I use IOCP ( sioc - opencockpit ), there is a key emulator in the program.
So I can transfer the primary ENG page from the upper EICAS DU to the captain inboard DU, or to the lower EICAS DU ( and upper DU blanks ), to simulate a upper DU failure.
the problem is : "dimming" follow the page, not the DU !

Delphi
02-22-2007, 09:29 AM
I use the F6 Expandes mode. Using this mode it is possible to switch the display units with the offest $04F4 (Values 6xx, .... check PM documentation). The positioning of the gauges is a little tricky, but at the end it worked. If someone needs the SIOC script please contact me.

Ruediger

farrokh747
02-28-2007, 02:42 PM
hi -

there are PM offsets listed in http://www.projectmagenta.com/resources/PMOffsets.html - 04F4 - Size 2 -

10 PFD/ND -> PFD -> ND (like pressing F4,F1,F2 in GC)
11 PFD/EICAS
12 EICAS with Standby
13 EICAS without Standby
14 FPV (Boeing)
15 Standby Displays OFF
16 Sets EICAS on ND in F4 and F5 pages

Maybe there's some way here to switch displays to other screens -

FC

Delphi
02-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I use offset 04F4 and the values 600, 601, 602, 603,....

Main Boeing-Type Display Unit Captain
Captain Main DU 600 + switch position from 0
Copilot Main DU 610 + switch position from 0
Captain Engine DU 620 + switch position from 0
Copilot Engine DU 630 + switch position from 0

Works on F6 page Expanded
This works fine and I use the MIP DU selector to switch between display modes.
Ruediger

dicksonlee
06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
I use the F6 Expandes mode. Using this mode it is possible to switch the display units with the offest $04F4 (Values 6xx, .... check PM documentation). The positioning of the gauges is a little tricky, but at the end it worked. If someone needs the SIOC script please contact me.

Ruediger

Hi Delphi,

I am using the same method as yours ie. 4F4 offsets 6xx. However, I encountered a problem where the other buttons using 4F4 3xx for lower eicas displays originally found in the pmSystem did not work properly. Did you encounter the same problem when you employ 6xx in your system?

Delphi
06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi,
unfortunately I have the lower EICAS not in operation yet. Still looking for a suitable TFT.

Delphi

JBaymore
06-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I have this sort of "cobbled up" in a weird fashion. There are "details" that you'll have to solve, like exact screen positions.

Try using a multi-mionitor VGA switch to change the computer that is driving a given display. I have one mounted on the MIP that allows me to vary what is dislayed on two of the MFDs.

best,

..................john

sri777
10-17-2007, 06:05 PM
sending 600+ values to the 04F4 offset while GC is on F6 page is not working for me.

Wondering is this implemented in a newer build? I am running GC 437 build.

What is F6 "Expanded" mode mean? I just hit F6 and I see PFD/ND/Engines page displayed on the screen. And then when I send 600, 601, 602, 603 values to the 04F4 offset, nothing is happening..

Thanks
srini

sri777
10-18-2007, 06:52 AM
problem solved.

As i suspected, it is to do with "expanded" F6 mode. I was just hitting the F6 key, instead "expanded F6" mode is a selection on the "options" screen. So, first hit "Esc" key to go to the options screen and select the "expanded F6" mode from there.

Once i have done that, 600 - 604 values are working just fine.

Delphi
03-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi, does someone got the DU control working for the first officer site?
I switched the first officer PDF / ND to the expaned f6 Mode and tired to selected the dispaly mode via the offset 04f4, writing 610 + switch position. Does to work. I have the same running for the captain site and it works perfect. Any idea?

Best regards

Ruediger

avan1001
06-05-2008, 10:24 AM
This works with CPFlight's MIP737 board and PM GC in extended mode but...

how to permanently set/fix the required Glass Cockpit displays (respectively on the outboard, inboard and lower display-units in extended mode) with the MIP737 ?
I can drag and resize the displays allright, but their position is not "saved".

Turning the selector knobs seem to bring back a "default" display.

Tony

Niben
07-28-2008, 03:00 AM
I've tried the 600 to the 604 values, and the Main DU selector works fine, the problem is with the Lower DU, I have tried all the values from 610 to 632, weird things happen, perhaps I'm not using the right ones, what I have seen is that the lower eicas doesn't work, the values for some strange reason writes only to the upper eicas.

Am I doing something wrong?, please help!!!!

Hey Delphi, try the values from 620 to 623 for the FO...

Thanks

Delphi
07-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately I do not have the lower engine DU running. Is on of the next project steps.

FO PFD and ND are working find and can be swapped with

Value 610 + is for Engine DU's, 620 + is for F/O panels.

Regards
Ruediger

farrokh747
01-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi -

I too have not been able to get the lower Eicas to switch to anything (the ops manual says that the lwr eicas can switch to the ND and the Upper Eicas)

In my set up, I cannot select anything other than page F7 in the Lwr Eicas PC/monitor - it's almost as if PM knows that this is my Lower Eicas and will not let anything else display....

So I don't know if I can get the lower 6xx offset to work, as I cannot select the F6 page -

FC - 747 400

Delphi
01-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi,
unfortunately I do not have the lower EICAS running. I have planed the integration of the lower EICAS in the next couple of weeks.

Best regards
Ruediger

farrokh747
01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi -

it turns out the reason I could not select any other page in the lower du is that I had a PM Key for just the engine pages - one has got to have a PFD/ND/ENGINE KEY for all pages to show in the GC -

After using the new key, I'm still not being able to change the lower du using the 63x values -

Will check with PM and report -

fc

Trevor Hale
01-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I beleive PM can issue you a key that is for the Lower DU only. just ask pm, and you will be all set.

Trev

farrokh747
01-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Trev -

Did get the full GC Key from PM - apparently you need this for the lower du to display the ND (747 option) - still no Joy for the Lower DU's though - the Capt side is switching OK - havent tried the F/O yet -

Values for offset 04F4

For LWR CRT:
631 (NORM)
LWR-CRT = Lower EICAS
632 (EICAS PRI)
LWR CRT = Upper EICAS
630 (ND)
LWR-CRT = Cpt-ND

will keep trying - !

FC

farrokh747
01-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi Again:

Checked the 737 manual and the Lower DU switching options are the same as the 747 -

fc