PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! I am new, this is my first lifesize cockpit and hardware adventure!

EICAS_DK
11-29-2020, 06:25 AM
So as the expenses but also thrills of having realistic hardware to interact with your simulator daunted on me, I was afraid it was a far fetched dream, but as I realized patience could very well mean a steady but gradual approach that would one day become one giant 737NG/MAX flightdeck...Now as I am easily grown tired of flying the same hunk of metal, I already decided that I would use my flightdeck and most of its hardware for other aircraft as well so I decided that I would try and make it switchable when it comes to the generic and crucial parts.So I intend to assemble most parts 737NG/MAX, and some VIP stuff like throttle and MCP/CDU specific or unique or different to those found in the A320 and 777/747/787...AS this might sound weird,l actually its not.The Boeing family share the same logic, meaning a 777 overhead panel could be used for the 787 as well as the throttle, where as the 747 might need its very own it could use the 747 MCP I already have as well as having its own overhead and either share the 777 throttle quadrant or have its own dedicated one, time will tell, but I do think many parts can be shared and enjoyed when switching out some of the other parts.I hope I made sense as it is so far still a plan inside my head with only the 737 MCP, CDU and pedestal(still constructing that one) being finished, this is very much a constant work in progress, although I do have the Throttle master hardware in stock waiting for the last bit to be released, I have already eyed out my 777/787 TQ and fallen in love with a 747 TQ...Now the hardware industry is still very much a jungle, I find some producers lack of documentation and product visual previews, a major hurdle I have begun to zoom in on my preferred, realistic and ideal producers... But I have still a lot of uncertainty about what to choose.Likewise the total do it yourself from the ground up is way over my league and time I have to throw at this build up phase...I hope to share, get inspired, help and be helped in here, see you in here

Hobbies
11-29-2020, 10:11 PM
Hello and welcome, Look forward to in seeing your progress.

EICAS_DK
12-03-2020, 07:10 AM
Thank you! My pedestal is almost done, this work takes a long time to finish!