PDA

View Full Version : Newbie asking few questions VAS and FDS MCDU

mmakela
11-26-2019, 08:07 AM
Hi All, After 2 year battle with Project Magenta I wish to give a Jeehell a try. After seeing a manual and some Youtube files I still have questions.

I have a P3Dv4.5. 5 PC's to go as one for a server and rest clients. I tried use MCDU from separate PC (different than ND&PFD) and I had a problem.
I tried this because of my hardware, but now I will install MCDU and CPT PFD&ND into same PC as suggested. but...
I have a VAS Thrust levers. Do I need any extra driver for that unit to work with Jeehell? I had a driver for Project Magenta, but VAS went to bankrupt and their filer and drivers are no more available. I this is needed does anyone have a backup of possible Jeehell VAS driver?
I also have 1st gen FDS Mcdu unit. Is it possible to use with Jeehell? I have to use TV-out but it works when I just move the window to the 5 inch unit.
I managed to do this but keys/buttons did not work?
Any help would be a great start for me, thanks!

Barrykensett
11-26-2019, 06:26 PM
The FDS first generation MCDU does not work but you can modify by removing the chip and plugging in an Open Cockpits USB keys card. You can then use the keys. You need to retain the original card without the chip to use the circuits for backlight. Use a ribbon cable to connect all together, no rewiring necessary.
Barry

Barrykensett
11-26-2019, 06:32 PM
The FDS first generation MCDU does not work but you can modify by removing the chip and plugging in an Open Cockpits USB keys card. You can then use the keys. You need to retain the original card without the chip to use the circuits for backlight. Use a ribbon cable to connect all together, no rewiring necessary.
Barry

mmakela
11-27-2019, 06:34 AM
Hi Barry, In this case I need to use sioc and learn its programming language? It seems a bit difficult to me as I do not know almost nothing about programming.
I'm also a bit confused about removing chip and how to connect OC USBkeys to the unit I'm afraid.

mmakela
11-27-2019, 06:38 AM
I have a OC cards installed in my system but I use the old iocard.exe program. I have also P&P RMP and ATC modules from OC.

Barrykensett
11-27-2019, 08:29 AM
You can use the SIOC generator in Jeehell. You will need the key allocations which Jean Luc prepared for me.
i’ll PM you to give a bit more detail.
Barry

Barrykensett
11-27-2019, 10:07 AM
You can use the SIOC generator in Jeehell.
Barry