PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Localiser (glide slope is fine)

imported_Suggy
10-21-2019, 03:15 AM
With Navigraph 1910 and 1911 I have lost my Localiser. I’m wondering whether this occurred after I installed P3D’s latest 4.5 Hot Fix v2 (09-26-19].......I can’t remember whether I had a localiser with AIRAC 1910 before installing the Hot Fix.

Darren Sugden

bbruechmann
10-21-2019, 04:29 AM
I can confirm that with Aerosoft Navdata Pro 1911 i have no issues. LOC and GS working as usual. Seems to be an issue with Navigraph.

Cheers
Bernd

imported_Suggy
10-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Thanks, Bernd.

I will see if I have an AIRAC from a few months back and install that and recompile the bin files to see if a get my localiser back.

Regards,
Darren

imported_Suggy
11-07-2019, 04:44 AM
Panic over. I realised my scenery.cfg file was missing in the Navdata folder (probably accidentally deleted it when I deleted the bin files for the next AIRAC cycle. So if anybody else is running their FMGS server on a computer that is not running P3D, make sure the FMGS on the P3D computer (which is installed to allow the weather programme to work) has the scenery.cfg file in the navdata folder and that the paths are correct in the configuration file. If you copied and pasted the scenery.cfg file from the navdata folder on the FMGS folder into the FMGS navdata folder on the P3D computer, make sure you edit the file so the paths are correct.
Darren

michael1508
11-08-2019, 11:30 AM
I am currently experiencing a similar issue with ILS data missing since my last 2 flights.
I wanted to check tonight.

I also updated to Airac 19-11 and to P3D 4.5 recently. And I moved FMGS and the Navigation systems to a client pc.
I did some reading on outsourcing FMGS. But it's new to me, that I have to copy the scenery.cfg to the FMGS navdata folders. Is there any documentation or helpful link on this?

bindook
11-08-2019, 05:29 PM
I think its navigraph 1911 issue. ...i was running 1908 without any problems then updated to 1911 and i also had ils issues and this is running without hotfix2 installed

imported_Suggy
11-08-2019, 07:40 PM
I initially thought I had cracked it but alas, I didn't have a localiser again earlier today. Just like 'Bindook', I never had any problems until after 1908.

But I have just finished another flight, albeit to a different airport, and the localiser was there (hurray). What I did before the flight was install the Jehell software on the P3D computer, in a 'temporary' folder on the pretense that the server was also to be running on that P3D computer. I ran the 'Starter' so as to create the bin files. Once the bin files had been created, I closed the FMGS down and copied the bin files to all the computers on the network, including the 'proper' FMGS installation on the P3D computer. The only caveat was that once I started P3D it complained that there were two aircraft with the same name (remember, I had now installed the FMGS twice on the P3D computer). But that's not a problem, I will rename the extra two aircraft or delete them the next time round).

But here is the biggie....the scenery.cfg folder that was created in the pseudo FMGS server installation (in the navdata folder) on the P3D computer, it added extra entries which were not there on in the scenery.cfg file located in the navdata folder in the 'proper' FMGS intsllation on the P3D computer :

[Scenery]
scenery.cfg=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg
FSfolder=E:\P3D\
AerosoftPath=C:\Users\Darren\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
[B]Add-ons.cfg=C:\Users\Darren\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
Add-ons.cfg2=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
ip=127.0.0.1

This is the first time I have seen 'Add-ons' entries. So maybe this why I was missing localisers because a lot of my 3rd party sceneries are now installed as add-ons rather than the old method of adding it to the scenery.cfg file in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ folder.

Fingers crossed....

One more thing - I have noticed is that on many FLX takeoffs I no longer get the RWY shown in the FMA - only FLX and SRS. Maybe related...?

Darren

michael1508
11-09-2019, 03:21 AM
@Darren, I believe you refer to FSSCENERY.CFG in the Navdata folder and not the scenery.cfg itsel (being referenced to in the first mentioned file :-)

I am having these add on links as well, but still not working. And I tested a p3d default airport.
So I believe, the root cause is rather somewhere with the Airac file or with FMGS being on a remote PC.

I moved my FMGS on a remote PC just in August, so I would need to get the AIRAC 1908 installed to test.
Can anyone share this?

Michael

imported_Suggy
11-09-2019, 04:03 AM
Yes, in the first instance, I’m talking about the scenery.cfg file in the Navdata folder.

I’m sure I’ve got a manual download AIRAC from earlier this year somewhere on my NAS. I’ll use that if the problem still persists for testing purposes. But as you know it’s a slow protracted process - it takes a good 30 mins to set everything up just for one flight...

Darren

michael1508
11-09-2019, 04:44 AM
I know, preparing the test scenarios is a pain in the a...

I will check my Navigraph app, if I can restore some older back up from there.

Did you make sure, the referenced folders in the FSSCENERY.CFG are allowed for access?

Michael

bbruechmann
11-09-2019, 11:08 AM
Darren, me too guess it´s navigraph.

In my setup i have P3D as the visual server and on client-no.1 i have installed Jehell with the FMGS server. On client-no.2 i have Jeehell for all the gauges (PFD, ND, EWD etc.) for b CPT and FO. My MCDU is connected to Client-no.1. If i update the airac i just copie the navrecord.dat into Navdata1 folder. Before doing this, i copied the former navrecord.dat from Navdata1 to Navdata2 to have the former Airac as Backup in the MCDU. Then i delete als .bin files and start FMGS on client1. The new bin files get created and after that i copie those bins and only them into the Navdata dolder on client2.
I don´t touch the FMGS data which are on the P3D server because there is no need to do that.
I use NavdataPro for airacupdates and have no issues. GS and LOC are working and though i would assume it´s a Navigraph issue.
Somerwhere in another threat there ware other mentioned about issue with the AIrac 1910 from Navigraph too.

Cheers
Bernd

michael1508
11-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Hi Bernd,

this is very helpful information. Thank you.

Would you mind sharing the content of your fsscenery.cfg file? I have the same setting.
I am not sure, if I entered the right folders for my network. Especially the IP address? For which computer do I need to enter the IP address?

Michael

pete_fuss
11-10-2019, 09:25 AM
Hello Bernd and Michael,

today i made a flight from LEMD to LEPA 06 L and i had the same problem!
I switch to EDDM 26R ,no Problem with the ILS !
After that i had a phone call with my friend captn_pero and he ask me, is the problem on a Addon Airport?
Hi installed me P3DV4AddonOrganizer witch helps to read out the addon files for makerwys.exe
After that i recompiled the navdata for jeehell, start the P3dV4 go to LEPA 06L, and what i have to say , the ils is right there!

hope it helps at your problems!

Regards Peter

bbruechmann
11-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Peter, thx for the info. I´am using the AddonOrganizer aswell which is really powerfull to get the addons right and sorted and not to loose the overview.

@Michael: my scenery.cfg looks like this (the one in the Navdata, not the P3D one.)

[Scenery]
scenery.cfg=\\P3D\c\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg
FSfolder=\\P3d\c\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
AerosoftPath=\\BBC-PC\c\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
Add-ons.cfg=\\P3d\c\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
Add-ons.cfg2=\\P3d\c\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
ip=127.0.0.1

It´s in the Navdata folder on Client1 which is the FMGS-Server. The bin files created are needed on the FMGS-Server, where the MCDU is connected to and on clients where you run the ND´s. No need on the P3D machine as long you have no ND, MCDU running on that machine.

For the updates i´am using a small app called "UPDNav" by Dieter Kreiskott. This looks after the airacupdate, create the bins and copies them to the other clients automaticly.

reg. Bernd

michael1508
11-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Hi Bernd, Peter,

I got it working!

BUT: only with an older AIRAC. I installed the Addon-Organiser and Makerwys and started all over with the AIRAC 1902. Worked like a charm!
Then updated the latest AIRAC 1911 >> No ILS again!!

There is a corresponding AIRAC issue reported on the Navigraph forum:
https://forum.navigraph.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8323&p=35925#p35925
(https://forum.navigraph.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8323&p=35925#p35925)

@Bernd, thanks for the fsscenery.cfg
> what is the Aerosoft Path good for?
> what is the IP for? I see, you also still have the default value...

I also used to work with the UpdNav tool from Dieter but from times to times it had some issues. Maybe I'll give it a try again with my new clients setup.

Thanks again,
Michael

capt_pero
11-11-2019, 12:52 AM
Hi Michael,

if you've not set the "AerosoftPath" to something where the latest airac is stored I am wondering how it should work at all.
See chapter 5.1 in the JeeHell Installation Guide (PDF). It works with Navigraph and Aerosoft AIRAC Cycles (I am using Navigraph).
So try setting this to the directory of your AIRAC.

@Bernd: I did not found a docu for "Add-ons.cfg" and "Add-ons.cfg2". Where do you get it from? ;-)

Regards,
Peter

michael1508
11-11-2019, 02:57 AM
Hi Peter, I simply copy the latest AIRAC file manually into the FMGS Navdata folders on the required clients.
Or using Dieter 's update tool.

What is JL doing with the specified Aerosoft folder, if a new AIRAC is written in there?
What is the difference to my manual copy job? Happy to learn, if there is an easier way of updating :-)

Thanks,
Michael

bbruechmann
11-11-2019, 07:01 AM
Hi Michael and Peter,

@Peter: honestly i have o say that this root to add-ons.cfg wasn´t my genius. It was already in the scenery.cfg at some point. I can not say, if this is already the state after installing Jeehell. If this is not already implemented by JL, i can´t say where it´s from. I haven´t put it in there. May be the reason is, because i have put the A320FMGS folder on my P3D machine into the add-ons.xml of P3D via the AddOnManager aswell. There was a need for me to do so, because otherwise my MCE application could not target the Jeehell aircrafts correctly to work with them.

@Michael: The Aerosoft path is the path were the Jeehellware (the navdatarec.dat) is put into by NavdataPro. This root in the scenery.cfg is set by Jeehell automatic while the installation. But this is normaly used by FMGS if the FMGS-Server is on the same Machine as P3D and NavDataPro. As JL has written in his docu, FMGS should take notice itself if there is an new AIRAC file at startup and if so, update the bins automaticly. Honestly I´ve never seen FMGS doing this really. And since i moved the FMGS-Server to my "dedicated server" on Client1 i remember that the root path was still targeting to C:\xxxx. I have corrected the root but not yet seen the autoupdate of FMGS. Maybe because if i downloaded the new AIRAC i have instantly copied this manual into the Navdata folder on the FMGS-server, deleted the bins and let FMGS create new ones.

BUT: only with an older AIRAC. I installed the Addon-Organiser and Makerwys and started all over with the AIRAC 1902. Worked like a charm!
Then updated the latest AIRAC 1911 >> No ILS again!!

Though seems to be a Navigraph issue indeed.

Hi Peter, I simply copy the latest AIRAC file manually into the FMGS Navdata folders on the required clients.
Or using Dieter 's update tool.

That´s not wrong anyway. But the Airac file (navdatarec.dat) is only needed on the FMGS-Server machine to let FMGS-server read this and create the new bin files. On the other clients, where you running the ND´s, only the bin files are needed. Generally you can say, you need the actual bin files on every machine where you run an MCDU and/or ND´s. The navdatarec.dat is needed only on the one where FMGS-server is running.

I had done this manually several times too, because Dieters Navdataupdate somtimes did something weird. (one time it deleted my whole FMGS-server folder) And though i did it the last times like i discribed earlier in this thread. At least it isn´t much work do do it manually and on top - you know what you did.

Because last month i forgot to copy the new created bins onto the client where i´am running my ND´s. I noticed strange route drawing on my ND´s. Because you headed me up again wit this thread i´ve done it correctly with the new airac and the strange drawings seems gone.

Cheers
Bernd

bbruechmann
11-11-2019, 09:36 AM
> what is the IP for? I see, you also still have the default value...

the IP 127.0.0.1 is generally on all computer and networks just an alias for "localhost" which means THIS local computer in simple words. I don´t know for this is needed. My guess is this should be the IP of the computer where FMGS-server is located. The other possibility is that it should point to the client where the airac updates are located or P3D. Sadly there is no documentation about this config from JL.
With luck JL will step into this thread and can tell us for what this is meant for.

Cheers
Bernd

michael1508
11-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Yep, let's see, if jeehell can share some light on this IP entry.

But it seems to be irrelevant for the AIRAC issue.
Could it be that with the newly added support of MORA data, something got screwed in the compilation of nav data. Because that changed from cycle 1908 (which worked, as far as I could read) to 1909 (first cycle that is reported to not work)???

bbruechmann
11-13-2019, 03:46 AM
Could it be that with the newly added support of MORA data, something got screwed in the compilation of nav data. Because that changed from cycle 1908 (which worked, as far as I could read) to 1909 (first cycle that is reported to not work)???

could be, but if that´s the case it´s screwed only to the Navigraph cycle, because i have NavdataPro and no issues so far.

michael1508
11-14-2019, 10:19 AM
Jean Luc, would be great to have your view on that.
It's now the 3rd Navigraph circle in a row, that is not working.

Thanks,
Michael

jeehell
11-23-2019, 07:41 PM
I may have found the bug, please update with the updater.

jeehell
11-23-2019, 07:43 PM
Oh and rebuild the navdata

michael1508
11-24-2019, 03:03 AM
Thank you JL!
I am just painting the shell, but will probably have time to check end of the week latest and report back.

Manfred_W
12-14-2019, 08:04 AM
Hi Michael

Is the LOC Problem now solved with JL's update?
Have to decide whether to stay with Navigraph or change to Navdata.

rgds from LOWW
Manfred

michael1508
12-16-2019, 06:12 PM
LOC and Glideslope are basically back working.
However I only did 2 test flights and experienced on both flights a right drift on approaching the runway. I just installed AIRAC 1913 and will test again.

michael1508
02-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately I have to reactivate this topic after some testing this weekend. Hope someone still reading :-) The localizer is still messed up. Glideslope is fine. I tested the following scenarios - all on approaching ILS 04R LFMN from NERAS : a) Navigraph AIRAC 2002: localizer captured approx 1.5 NM before lateral path on ND b) Navigraph AIRAC 1901: localizer captured correctly c) NavdataPro AIRAC 2002: localizer captured correctly However, with b) and c) there was still a slight offset to the right, but the path hit the runway at the end. Guess, this is due to magnetic variation? But the Navigraph AIRACs that came after September don't work at all for me. I suspect some changes around the MORA implementation from Jeehell. But not sure. I also moved the FMGS server on a separate machine by that time and reinstalled everything. So also good chance, I am missing something. Can someone confirm, it's working for him with this setting? Or any idea, what I need to check? Of course, bin files have been recompiled and copied to every single computer. Also the fsscenery.cfg does contain the correct links to the scenery.cfg and is also copied to every computer. Which is: PC1: P3D PC2: FMGS Server + ECAM + Overhead PC3: CPT PFD/ND/MCDU PC$: FO PFD/ND/MCDU Thanks, Michael

michael1508
02-02-2020, 06:13 PM
sorry for the long text block. The forum does not read my line breaks any more....

imported_Suggy
02-02-2020, 06:31 PM
sorry for the long text block. The forum does not read my line breaks any more....Just finished a flight this evening into Venice and the LOC was out (glideslope fine). The scenery is added in the normal way (RFSCENENERYBUIDING’s LIPZ Venice from Simmarket). Also LOC not working into Edinburgh (Orbx’s EGPH). Very frustrating! And it always seems to happen when visibility is less than 100m!!Bin files are recompiled when new scenery is added. AIRAC data is always the most up to date (Navigraph). It’s something that has emerged late last year. Very frustrating...I have the FMGS server running on a separate computer but the bin files are compiled on the P3D computer. The FSscenery.cfg file in the Navdata folder (on the P3D computer) seem OK - they point to the correct scenery cfg directory as well as the add-on sceneries (xml). I uninstalled the complete FMGS software on the P3D computer and reinstalled it to ensure the FSscenery.cfg file in the Navdata folder was correctly created. At a loss of what, if anything I’m doing wrong...Regards,Darren

ClaudioCosta
02-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Hello to all,same problem here, like reported in my last post.as you can see in the attch. picture the track on nd during ILS approach to LIMF rwy 36 is correct, but the plane is on a parallel track even if the ILS marker on the PFD are correctly aligned. if i continue the approach in autoland mode the plane touch down at the right of the runway.another problem is the the route drawn around FI36.last airac cycle navigraph. bin files regenerated scenary.cfg in navdata point to correct path mag. variation updated and tool here https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html applied.I have no idea, is a navigraph compatibility issue ? with another provider is the same ?

michael1508
02-03-2020, 06:05 PM
exactly same picture here! Will open a ticket. @Jean-Luc, would be great, if you had the chance to look into this again!

ClaudioCosta
02-04-2020, 07:29 AM
confirmed: this is a navigraph related issue. i have buyed 1 cycle from aerosoft for investigation and then rebuild bin files.i have tryed this morning same flight LIMF to LIMF (around home flight!) take off rwy 36 sid top8a then ILS proc rwy36, with aerosoft navdata is ok even if the track on ND between ERSEP point and FI36 (zig-zag) seems not correct. I have asked this to my friend CPT on airbus A320 and confirm a not real behavoir here.sorry for my bad english !!Claudio

michael1508
02-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Indeed, the issue does not occur with NavdataPro.The question is, if the failure is on Jeehell side or Navigraph. Jean Luc and Navigraph were working on a fix end of last year in this context. https://forum.navigraph.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8323&p=37550#p37550

imported_Suggy
02-10-2020, 11:00 AM
I was still having LOC issues so I bought the most recent AIRAC cycle from Aerosoft and rebuilt the bin files. I noticed that Navigraph produces 11 bin files and Aerosoft one less, i.e. 10. Success! I captured the LOC at EDTT (where I was doing my testing) and it took me straight down the centre line BUT the ND was showing I was 11.9L deviation!!!I will try another airport later this week...Regards,Darren