PDA

View Full Version : arcaze module - mip-buttons - jeehell

pmartin
02-21-2019, 02:32 PM
Hello guys!
Did anyone have arcaze-module in his cockpit installed on a client?
And if, how is the best attitude on the client (rising edge, falling edge, repeat) and on the fmgs config (push, release or toggle).
Special the buttons Auto-Break Min-Med-Max or the Brake-Fan or the gear-lever.
I hope anyone have such a configuration.
Best regards
Peter

pmartin
02-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Hello guys!
Did nobody have an idea?
Best regard
peter

michael1508
02-23-2019, 04:07 AM
Hi Peter,

could only help with settings for the RMP, but with Arcaze being connected to main PC
Michael

flambinet
02-24-2019, 01:29 PM
Hallo Peter,
I have connected these push buttons to an Arcaze board which is connected to the Server.
All of them as push Buttons - repeat
In fmgs config I have assigned toggle to the brake fan and push/release to the autobrakes.
The answers through Mobiflight are correct, the action for the autobrakes are correct as well,
I have my doubts if the action for the brakefan is correct. I have never checked this action thoroughly.

I would be very interested to inderstand what you need to do to connect an Arcaze board to a Client Computer,
because on my Server Computer, I am runnung short of USB Connections and using a USB hub starts to have an impact on the
Input/Output Speed Performance.

Best Regards
Fritz Lambinet

iwik
02-24-2019, 02:08 PM
Fritz,
It appears that the Arcaze board looks like any Joystick interface. So if it appears in fMGS Server configurator then all you need to do to operate it from a Client pC is to install Remotejoystick option and then on this pc put the ip address of the server into the Remotejoystick.ini file and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps
Les

flambinet
02-24-2019, 02:28 PM
Hello Les,
this sounds interesting. Do you need a static IP address for this?
I do not have one at this moment.
So I will have to change the entry in remotejoy.ini every time before start up, I guess.
Thanks a lot, I will let you know when I have tried it.

pmartin
02-24-2019, 03:38 PM
Hello guys!
I tried the variante to send my inputs from arcaze direct to fsuipc via widefs.
And it works!
Best regards
peter

michael1508
02-24-2019, 06:29 PM
@Fritz, are you able to install another internal USB card into your PC? You could connect that to your PSU to avoid power or performance losses.

It also helped me with the some weird Windows messages, that all available USB ports are in use.

iwik
02-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Fritz,
If you are not using a Static IP address, how does your client remain connected to the FMGS Server?. Or do you have to change this every time. Just curious.
Les

flambinet
02-25-2019, 04:42 AM
Les,
everytime I start the computers, I look up the IP address in the server computer and change it through the FMGS Configure tool in the client computers. Works well so far with little effort. I have not dealt yet with creating a static IP address.
Best Regards
Fritz

flambinet
02-25-2019, 04:45 AM
@Michael,
installing a additional USB card would certainly help.
I am not sure if another card(s) would fit in my computer.
I would have to check this out.
Thanks for your advice.
Fritz

flambinet
02-26-2019, 11:55 AM
Hi Les, successs, the Copilot stick is working from one of the client computers.Next thing I try is to install an Arcaze module on the client computerThanks for your advice.Best RegardsFritz

iwik
02-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Hi Fritz,
Good news, this feature is great as i have a pc installed in my pedestal and want to to interface the analogue pots.
So i have added three joystick interface cards here.
Les

bbruechmann
02-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Les,
everytime I start the computers, I look up the IP address in the server computer and change it through the FMGS Configure tool in the client computers. Works well so far with little effort. I have not dealt yet with creating a static IP address.
Best Regards
Fritz

If using FMGS in a networked environment with server and client´s I would prefer to set static ip-addresses anyway. At least it beware you from doing what you do to look up the Server IP every time.
It also makes it lot easier to setup simconnect correctly especially if other add-ons using the same interface simultaneously.

DocFlying
03-11-2019, 07:10 AM
Hi everybody,

perhaps i can contribute to this thread.
I am using 4 Arcaze USB-Interfaces with different Display- and LED Modules in my A320 homecockpit for glareshield, pedestal and radios. Overhead panel works with an InterfaceIT board 256/128 fromTEKWorx. P3Dv4, Jeehell FMGS, FSUIPC with WideFS, FSC9, MyTraffic6 and VoxATC are running in a networked surrounding with 4 PCs/Laptop/Tablet. Everything works fine now but i had a long period of experimenting and testing.
Concerning the questions that are discussed in this thread i learned:
- Arcaze USB Interfaces do NOT run without errors when connected to USB 3 ports, they need to be connected to USB 2 ports
- most standard USB ports don't have enough power for the Arcaze Interfaces especially if you connect a greater number of displays ore LEDs
- therefore you better use an USB-hub to connect your Arcaze Interfaces but external power to the hub is mandatory because the interfaces need much power
- once your (FSUIPC- or jeehell-) connections are initiated, never plug off your Arcaze Modules and start your PC (at least under WIN 7) because all virtual joysticks that are dedicated to the modules will be renamed when restarting with modules plugged in; that means you need to rename all buttons in your FSUIPC.ini or redefine FMGS buttons
- Arcaze Interfaces can be run on an interfaced PC via WideFS but analog signals are not transfered via WideFS, just digital inputs and outputs
- i can confirm what bbruechmann wrote about IP-adresses in a networked surrounding, setting a static adress isn't that difficult, but if the PCs are connected to a DNS server together with other clients don't forget to exclude the static adresses from the adress-range in your DNS-server to avoid IP-conflicts

Hope i could give some hints.
Many happy landings!

Uli

flambinet
04-26-2019, 12:17 PM
Les,
sorry to bother you again after so much time.
I succeeded to get a joystick (T Flight Hotas) connected and operational on my client computer.
I have tried to connect an Arduino Mega Board the same way.
However, the board neither shows up in Remotejoyapp on the client computer nor in the
config controls on the server computer.
Config and Remotejoyini have been connected following the server IP address.
Any experience with this set up? And any recommendation that you may have?
Thanks, best regards
Fritz Lambinet

iwik
04-26-2019, 12:56 PM
Hi Fritz,
A Arduino Mega will not show up untill you program it as a joystick interface.
To get 8 analogue inputs and 32 switches i used a program called MMjoy2 to program a Arduino Pro Microboard,
These are about $5 bucks on ebay. It's quite a simple excercise and cheap. If you use multiple boards(like i do)
you can name them what you want for easy identification.
If you go this route i can help as i am using 4 of these boards. I dont know if MMjoy will work with a mega..
Regards
Les

flambinet
04-27-2019, 07:23 AM
Hi Les,
thanks for this.
And why wouldn't you use a Pokey or an Arcaze board? To expensive?
I think the MEGA works on the Server Computer. At least it is recognized in Mobiflight.
I have checked this. I will try do use my MEGA's on the Server Computer and move the Arcazes
to the Client.
Let's see how this works.
Thanks anyways.
Fritz

iwik
04-27-2019, 02:29 PM
Hi Fritz,
I went this way as arcaze board can only handle 6 analogue, for FMGS need many more. Cost to prohibitive.
I looked at mobiflight but have used another interface. Have used Pokeys before but cost again.
Good luck
Regards
Les

michael1508
07-14-2019, 12:22 PM
Arcaze Interfaces can be run on an interfaced PC via WideFS but analog signals are not transfered via WideFS

@Uli, if I am having my FMGS server on the same interfaced PC as the Arcaze boards, would it then be able possible to read the analogue inputs?

DocFlying
07-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Connection to the FMGS Server should work, you just need to activate/install the hardwareconnect and the joystick modules of FMGS on the PC to which your joysticks are connected. But i didn't try that.
The upper mentioned restriction is just valid for a connection via WideFS, for example to FSUIPC.