PDA

View Full Version : Engine start problem

Barrykensett
04-16-2018, 11:05 AM
I have recently been getting an intermittent engine start problem. I have bleed air, batteries on, ignition switching looks normal, however on selecting start the engine winds up to ignition point but does not light up, it goes into auto crank. I usually start engine 2 first, after a failure engine 1 will sometimes start normally. Sometimes neither engine will start, manual does not work and I resort to keyboard Ctrl E.
This problem has only appeared recently and is intermittent, sometimes I start normally. I note that in the last upgrade there is a correction to a start bug but for IAE which I don't use.
Anybody else seeing this?
Barry
www.a320sim.com

Hypnorm
04-17-2018, 10:28 PM
Hi Barry,
I too have started seeing this since the last upgrade. I also have it intermittently and like you it will auto crank and relight. I've never had to do a manual or keyboard start.
Jim

michael1508
04-18-2018, 01:10 AM
I don't know if it's the same. I recently experience from time to time , that the engine is running up to 21% or so, then stops.( sound goes off) and the values go down to 0 again.

mike24
04-18-2018, 01:47 AM
I don't know if it's the same. I recently experience from time to time , that the engine is running up to 21% or so, then stops.( sound goes off) and the values go down to 0 again.
Same here Barry I also have this fault intermittently
Mike

Barrykensett
04-18-2018, 04:24 AM
Sounds like we are having the same problem. Following Jim's post I have also found that after a failed start it will try again with success. I didn't give it long enough before trying alternative ways of kicking it into action.
i have talked with some other FMGS users who don't have the problem
i wonder if temperature has anything to do with it, I will start to log conditions to see if I can find anything.
Barry
www.a320sim.com

OmniAtlas
04-18-2018, 04:32 AM
i wonder if temperature has anything to do with it, I will start to log conditions to see if I can find anything.
Barry
www.a320sim.com (http://www.a320sim.com)

JL has implemented some sort of weather modelling function -- and yes indeed it does affect the engine - i've also had engine problems when i forget to turn on the anti-ice -- whoops.

mike24
04-18-2018, 05:11 AM
Looks like we all have to go to pilots training again----?

Barrykensett
04-18-2018, 05:40 AM
I bet the pilots have bother when someone keeps redesigning the aeroplane when they're not looking ����

omarhabeeb
06-25-2018, 01:06 AM
Hello Guys

i'm trying to startup the engines

i have an a320 throttletek replica which include ignition switch (crank,norm,ign) korry
and engine master 1 & 2 switches
after that i turn on the apu i get to the point that i need to start the engines
and i already have apu bleed on batteries on fuel pumps on
i get to the point to the ignition roughly 21% n1 and even that master switches are both on on
it goes back to zero

now here is the thing is it a fmgs problem that i need to check that other things are set properly
is it a weather implemented function as mentions in previous posts
or that is a switches settings switches can be set from p3d fmgs or fscuipc
i found the buttons assinments in fmgs a bit complicated
in p3d there is no option for engine master or that is under another name so where i need to start from to solve this issue

thanks

Omar

Barrykensett
06-25-2018, 03:36 AM
Further to my earlier posts there is still something going on which I don't fully understand. I still sometimes have the failed start but I find that if I leave it alone it cranks and then has another go and starts. I think temperature may be an issue, this behaviour only started with recent updates. I have anti- ice on auto but even if I select manual it behaves the same way. Sometimes one engine starts normally but the second has two goes.
What am I doing wrong?
Barry

michael1508
06-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Omar, this sounds like the bug, that Berry is mentioning.
I also experienced this. And although this didn't occur to me the last flights, I am afraid this bug is still on the open points list without a known work around

omarhabeeb
06-25-2018, 10:56 AM
What if i uninstall the last update and install previous version?

Barrykensett
06-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Suggest not necessary to roll back. If your problem is the same as others bring reported here you just have to wait while it has a second go. Is a minor bug or something we are doing wrong which is not a show stopper.
if yours doesn't sort itself out when you wait for it you may have a different issue in which case rolling back may not help.
Barry

michael1508
06-25-2018, 01:52 PM
you can also try reinstalling the current version.
this is what I did and it helped so far...

However I hope JL will rank it a bit higher, as it is really annoying if it occurs and you can just not start flying!

omarhabeeb
06-26-2018, 02:47 AM
what is the solution for now then ?

and is it normal that when i start the ignition it start with engine number 1?
let say there is no bug how i set the buttons for the ignition button and the 2 master engine
i have fmgs fscuipc and p3d to assign the buttons which one to choose what?

Thanks

Barrykensett
06-26-2018, 03:28 AM
Whilst not relevant to this problem it is normal to start No 2 before No 1. This is because the parking brake accumulator is charged from No 2 so in the unlikely event that the brake pressure has dissipated while standing then starting No 1 could cause the aircraft to move. It doesn't make any difference to the problem we are discussing, I have tried it both ways.
Barry

omarhabeeb
06-26-2018, 04:53 AM
Still not clear to me how to start the engines at the moment with this problem

omarhabeeb
06-26-2018, 05:21 AM
Still not clear to me how to start the engines at the moment with this problem

jeehell
06-26-2018, 02:15 PM
I think I commented somewhere that FPS could be an issue, you need to have consistent and high FPS in order to get the engine sequence to work properly.
It could also be weather related I guess, if for some reason spool up is so slow (or even stops before) reaching 22% then the FADEC will consider that as a failed start. It's time to work on manual start operations... and maybe report the weather conditions when the failed starts happen (at least temperature, airfield, QNH).