PDA

View Full Version : Starting Routine for JL in use with P3D & Immersive Display?

michael1508
04-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Hi all,

who else is using Jeehell together with P3D and Immersive Display Pro (Fly Elise) and can give some advise?

For my HomeCockpit I have built a curved screen with 3 projectors, using P3D viewgroup. But I am having problems starting all the required software in a functional order.

Display Pro needs to be started before P3D(according to manual). But JL needs to be started after loading the scenario within P3D. So after loading the scenario I need to go out of the viewgroup modus to start JL (and also Mobiflight). Then, the trouble begins:
1. The viewgroup modus is not available anymore. I need to restart the current scenario via the P3D menu, and very often P3D then loads the default airport and not the chosen one from first selection.
2. After reloading the scenerio the JL server seems to have problems, as very often the battery or avionic sounds are not played during the start up procedure. Also the APU is not starting.

Everything is working fine, when I follow the standard procedure (Mobiflight > P3D > Flight > JL), whitout toggling between the view modus and scenerio resetting.

Would be fantastic, if anyone could help me with this!

brianwilliamson
04-01-2018, 08:25 PM
startup-delayer-v3.0b366 is what I use to start all programs at a specific time.

Regards.............Brian W.

michael1508
04-02-2018, 04:09 AM
startup-delayer-v3.0b366 is what I use to start all programs at a specific time.

Regards.............Brian W.

yeah, scheduled launching of programs would be possible. Also with Simstarter or FS Flightcontrol. My problem is, that some programs need a start button or similar to be pressed after launch within the application. Haven't found a solution for this yet...

Firefly77
04-02-2018, 04:47 AM
Hi Michael,
maybe this helps ?
I start everything like this without having problems:
1. Start Immersive Display Pro
2. Start Simstarter to select scenario, then P3D is loading.
3. P3D is loaded and screen is already warped however I have again to select the viewgroup out of the context menu within P3D to align it correctly.
4. Going back to desktop with windows key and arrow down.
5. Start Jeehell FMGS and via Teamviewer also on all other PCs.
6. Start Skalarki Profiler, run profile, and via Teamviewer also on all other PCs.
7. Switching back to P3D with ALT+Tab and every is set to fly !
In my experience it helps to do every single step with a litte break in between. Just some seconds!
Best regards
Michael

michael1508
04-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Michael, you are my HERO OF THE DAY!!! :)

I wasn't aware of the Window/Key down combination. It's working fantastic now!

Thanks so much!

Michael

PS: good to know there's someone with very similar surrounding. Where are you located?

Firefly77
04-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Hi Namensvetter,
good that it works fine for you !!!
I am very near to EDDF ��
Best regards Michael

omarhabeeb
06-18-2018, 09:32 PM
Hello Guys

i have a problem on how to start the sim

i have on the main pc

immersive display pro
p3d v4.2
fmgs server b50.2
and skalarki hardware (fcu,rmp1,rmp2,abrk lg) skalarki profiler
i also have fscuipc version 5

i have a problem that even if i start p3d then fmgs i can't get the avionics and batteries sound work and this is one problem
even if turn master APU on working (not even after waiting to the flap open then press on the available(green)button
totally dead no response i waited too it's but nothing

it seems like a random thing
the other problem is that i can't get the skalarki hardware working when i turn the batteries on(if actually this is the way it should be done)

after that i tried all the combination out of many many times and after clicking suddenly i heared the avionics sound and that was the only time i because it was a suddenly i can't remember the sequence, i tried again all combination but nothing happened

i tried every single combination between fmgs p3d skalarki profiler
can someone tell me what to do i heared about a simstarter software
is this the one

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/flight-simulator-x-steam/tools-missions/1428/simstarter-ng

another thing is why i should use Teamviewer??

what should i do

Regards

Omar

michael1508
06-19-2018, 03:09 AM
Omar,

try to locate the problems step by step.
So first of all check the connections of the FMGS clients and server -> All green?
Then concentrate on the FMGS software for the Batterie start -> correct Start Routine according to the manual?

Then you should go on with possible skalarki issues, if still required then.

For the start sequence orientate at above mentioned order from Firefly.
Display Pro and Simstarter are not important though for your test.
Simstarter can help you automate different steps or configuration sets. But take care of this later, when your manual procedure is working fine.

cmdr114b
06-20-2018, 12:54 AM
Also check that P3D is not "Paused", this has caught out a few in the past.
John

capt_pero
06-20-2018, 03:55 PM
[...]
i tried every single combination between fmgs p3d skalarki profiler
can someone tell me what to do i heared about a simstarter software
is this the one

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/flight-simulator-x-steam/tools-missions/1428/simstarter-ng
[...]

Hi Omar,

I am the developer of SIMstarter NG and use it with my own JeeHell Homecockpit (http://aviation.pero-online.de/d-alam/)
With SIMstarter NG you can create Run ConfigSets and let a software start with delay or "when sim ready". I start the JH starter.exe "when sim ready" and Skalarki Profiler after that. So no manual software start at my cockpit accept SIMstarter NG.

Another advantage: you can select the starting airport and gate in front of the simulator.

Maybe this video helps in addition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzwGIxYIQeI

omarhabeeb
06-21-2018, 01:19 AM
Hello

I would like to thank everyone for the help
I finally sorted the problem i can't believe it was a "pause"
Button
Thank you John for this BIG tip ��

Captpero
Now regarding simstarter ng
Does it work with p3d v4.2
Flyelise immersive display pro

Another question
If i calibrated the joysticks axes via fmgs configurator
Can i assign the buttons of ign fuel master 1 &2 and other buttons via fscuipc. Or that i must also do the key assignments via fmgs ?

Thx

Omar

cmdr114b
06-21-2018, 01:56 AM
You need to go to p3d options settings and turn off the pause on change of focus.

As for starting up your sim programs I have written a client server application called "Startup" which will do all you need.
It gives timed starting of multiple application on up to ten PC's as well as remote start up and shut down.

Originally I was going to sell this app but I have decided to make it donation based instead.

I will start a new thread for this soon.
Let me know if you are interested.
John

skalarki
06-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Hi guys
One of my customers is using this one: https://www.techworld.com/download/system-desktop-tools/startup-delayer-30366-3249467/