PDA

View Full Version : MCDU Strange problem - Hardware input but not connecting to display on client, only on local

EdwardInBeijing
12-22-2017, 10:47 AM
Hi All,

I had the MCDU's all working fine but as I was doing stuff that involved configuration outside the cockpit I set up the starter to start the software MCDU CS. This worked fine but then....

When I disabled the MCDU in starter the MCDU clients (both) on a client machine no longer connect. They show as not connected in wideFGMS.

However, if I manually start the software MCDU on the main machine it connects as normal except software inputs don't work and input is working via hardware (and still shows as not connected on wideFGMS)

So my question, how do I tell it to direct out to the client machine again?

TIA

Edward

spiliot
12-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Do you start the it with administrator rights?

EdwardInBeijing
12-23-2017, 11:24 PM
Hi SPilot, Thanks for the reply.

Do you start the it with administrator rights?

Yup, everything, always.

IP is working too on both TCP/IP and NETBIOS (which I use for sharing the WX directory)

Everything was working fine until I started the software MCDU on the server. I was hoping I could use two CS MCDU's, one of the master machine console, which is outside of the cockpit to duplicate the one on the client machine inside the cockpit. Now it did work - the first time I tried it, and I was happy. But Then never again.

EdwardInBeijing
01-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Fixed now - a complete uninstall and reinstall (as ever) fixed it.