PDA

View Full Version : A320 pitching up and down during cruise and climb, normal?

diogofcr
09-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Hello whenever I am climbing sometimes the plane just pitches down and a moment after up and keeps climbing as normal and also during cruise the plane just keeps pitching up and down to maintain its altitude shouldn't it be stable?? Both engines are in CLB, AP1 is on with all the route parameters inserted in MCDU. Using topcat for fuel load. Check the video for a cruise example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6blGdOC314

MBerger
07-27-2018, 11:03 AM
Hi,
did you fix that problem?
I have the same here.

Regards,
Matthias

hobday
07-28-2018, 02:03 AM
I had also that problem. In some cases it occurs when the aircraft descent or climb to fast just before ALT CRZ is reached. Regards, Werner.

MBerger
09-02-2018, 06:57 AM
Hi all,
I need help with this problem. I tried a lot but I can not solve it. I changed hardware, installed FMGS server on different PC`s but with no success. Today I made a flight, The aircraft climbed well to FL370, leveled out and held the level. After one hour on CRZ level the aircraft suddenly started pitching up and down. The only way to get the level stable is to manual set V/S to +/- 100. The MCDU Perf page shows climb or decent, depending on the V/S I set. On the Data Page the CRZ level is blank. after setting the CRZ level again and pushing the alt Button the aircraft starts oscillating again.

OmniAtlas
09-02-2018, 07:28 AM
I had this issue in the past many years ago - I think I solved it with playing around with some FSUIPC settings.

MBerger
09-02-2018, 08:04 AM
I had this issue in the past many years ago - I think I solved it with playing around with some FSUIPC settings.
Thank you for your fast answer OmniAtlas,

do you remember which settings you played with?

diogofcr
09-02-2018, 04:06 PM
You fix it by limiting the FPS to 30, the problem of pitching up and down is too much fps which gives too much information for the Jeehell Fmgs server and it cant handle it. I use Dxtory to limit it

MBerger
09-03-2018, 04:41 PM
You fix it by limiting the FPS to 30, the problem of pitching up and down is too much fps which gives too much information for the Jeehell Fmgs server and it cant handle it. I use Dxtory to limit it

Today I made a flight with limited FPS to 30 and everything was fine. I think your hint was the key to the problem. Thank you very much diogofcr.

diogofcr
09-04-2018, 06:01 AM
Today I made a flight with limited FPS to 30 and everything was fine. I think your hint was the key to the problem. Thank you very much diogofcr.

Yeah I had the same problem and that fixed it. You are very welcome