PDA

View Full Version : SPEED BRK Glitch

diogofcr
09-03-2017, 11:06 AM
When I use the software spoilers the speed brakes extend when its on RET and retract when on FULL (inverted). I already tried setting up an axis on my saitek throttle and the same happens I can't get the spoilers to work right. Also I always get the green "SPEED BRK" message on E/WD screen whatever position the spoilers are, even when they are armed. Can you please fix this?

OmniAtlas
09-06-2017, 03:44 AM
Change your null zone. Unfortunately I don't use a saitak so I cannot comment further. When it is armed doesn't it use a push button?

diogofcr
09-06-2017, 06:19 AM
No, its using a portion of the axis. This bug also happens when I am using the software spoilers

OmniAtlas
09-06-2017, 06:41 AM
No, its using a portion of the axis. This bug also happens when I am using the software spoilers

I had a friend who also had issues with the saitek rudder panels and also the throttle quadrant -- we had to go through the registry (regedit) to delete some values before it would work correctly.

I would check the saitek forums for the solution.

diogofcr
09-06-2017, 07:13 AM
But what I am telling you is that this doesn't just happen with the saitek, if I remove it from the settings and I only use the software panels the same happens

diogofcr
11-05-2017, 04:00 PM
I am still having issues with the spoilers, right now I don't use them because of the glitch but they are really necessary when you want to descend fast or loose speed... Would be nice if anyone could help me :/ , maybe jeehell

spiliot
11-05-2017, 04:08 PM
For what is worth, I suddenly had the same issue with the spoilers a few versions back.

Just after installing a new version, without performing a new calibration, my spoilers would extend halfway if I would touch the speedbrake control and stay there for the rest of the flight irrespective of the speedbrake position. I did remember that when I tried to calibrate the axis it would normally go form zero to almost full and then jump from full to middle position and stay there.

I don't remember what I did, either delete the axis, save, restart and re-calibrate, or save a position before max travel as full.

So maybe there is an issue in the software or saitek (I'm using a joystick) but with this abstract information I don't think JL will ever be able to debug.

diogofcr
11-05-2017, 04:12 PM
For what is worth, I suddenly had the same issue with the spoilers a few versions back.

Just after installing a new version, without performing a new calibration, my spoilers would extend halfway if I would touch the speedbrake control and stay there for the rest of the flight irrespective of the speedbrake position. I did remember that when I tried to calibrate the axis it would normally go form zero to almost full and then jump from full to middle position and stay there.

I don't remember what I did, either delete the axis, save, restart and re-calibrate, or save a position before max travel as full.

So maybe there is an issue in the software or saitek (I'm using a joystick) but with this abstract information I don't think JL will ever be able to debug.

Thank you for the information. I believe my problem is exactly what your problem was, I have tried reseting and recalibrating the axis, different axis, different joysticks but it didn't do anything and I am using the new version so I dont know what the problem is. Also I have tried only using the software panel (without any axis setup on spoilers) but it doesn't work either, the spoilers are always a bit extended