PDA

View Full Version : 'MCDU DISPLAY PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT ISSUE' (B48.1)

imported_Suggy
08-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Hello.

I have suddenly encountered the following error when I press either the PROG or PERF button on the MCDU with the latest release (B48.1):

MCDU DISPLAY PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT ISSUE

The FCU, MCDU, Overhead and PFD/ND etc are all running on networked computers except the server side of the programme which is running on the P3D computer.

I have reinstalled the MCDU and PFD/ND programmes onto another computer but the error still occurs. I have removed the NAVDATA bin files and allowed it to be rebuilt but to no avail.

The only thing I can think of is that the problem lies somewhere with the FMGS server part of the programme but at the moment I am hesitant of uninstalling that because of all my hardware/joystick configurations contained within it.

Any ideas would be most welcome. At the momement I am grounded until I can find the solution!

Kind regards,
Darren Sugden

Hypnorm
08-17-2017, 12:07 AM
I have had that error before and found it was connected to display drivers. For me it was when I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and my graphics card didn't have dedicated Win10 drivers.
Have you upgraded or changed your video card?
H

jeehell
08-17-2017, 03:44 AM
I don't think it is connected to video card drivers.

Does it happen straight after running the software?
HAve you entered any DEP/ARR in INIT Page? if so any route, SID or APPR in the FPLN page?
CFM or IAE?

imported_Suggy
08-17-2017, 09:34 AM
#1 It's definitely not a video card driver problem. I have ran the MCDU on both a Windows XP computer and a Windows 10 computer.

#2 The message is not an error dialogue box but orange text within the the main MCDU screen. It is as if it's a MCDU 'system error'.

MCDU DISPLAY PROBLEM
PLEASE REPORT ISSUE

#3 The error only occurs once I press the PERF/PROG button irrespective of when I do that. For example, I have just tried again but at a different airport and a different route. I complete the first page of the INIT and then completed the F-PLN. It doesn't matter whether I insert the Arrival runway or not at this stage or whether I select a Departure and/or Arrival. I still get the same result. I then move onto the second page of INIT to complete the fuel part. I then move on to the PERF page and that's when I get the error. But it doesn't matter when I press the PERF button. If I press it straight away as soon as the MCDU has powered up, I get the same message.

#4 CFM variant.

#5 B48.1 (with the extra MCDU update) did work initially. The time I first got the error was when I tried to (incorrectly) delete an F-PLN Discontinuity straight after the last part of the flight plan (MANUAL) which it did not allow me to do (Not Allowed). It was then when I first got the error as I went onto the PERF page.

The flight plan is below when I first ran into the problem. I filled in all the parameters from the outset including the Arrival runway 26 with the TULSI3A Arrival. the departure runway was 20.

EGNJ DCT OTR L90 DOLAS L603 LAMSO UL603 TESGA UZ729 BOMBI T104 WLD UM867 BAVAX Z106 MANAL UM736 TULSI TULSI3A LOWI

I am using AIRAC cycle 17/08.

???

I don't think it is connected to video card drivers.

Does it happen straight after running the software?
HAve you entered any DEP/ARR in INIT Page? if so any route, SID or APPR in the FPLN page?
CFM or IAE?

jeehell
08-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Check if you have something selected in the AP/FBW drop-down list (either CFM or IAE).

imported_Suggy
08-17-2017, 04:03 PM
CFM was selected and confirmed by clicking the 'Reload coefficients' button.

Selecting IAE also produces the same error. The IAE variant is confirmed by looking at the A/C status page on the MCDU.
:-(

Regards,
Darren

jeehell
08-17-2017, 04:23 PM
try to remove all your config files. Particularly AControls.cfg, in FMGS Server folder (keep a backup somewhere).
Did you try to open FMGS config and save back the calibration (wihtout changing it)?

imported_Suggy
08-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Thank you!

I was unable to simply delete AControls.cfg since the server did not fully start as it mentioned I needed to calibrate my joysticks - I was unable therefore to power up the systems.

However, I did make a backup copy of the whole A320FMGS folder only 4 days ago. I copied over the AControls.cfg from that folder and that cured the problem - I can now press the PERF and PROG button without getting the error.

I tried so many combinations of trouble-shooting before posting here - I would have never thought that AControls.cfg would in any way affect the working of the MCDU!

I have no idea though what happened in the first place to cause the problem...and why...

A test flight tomorrow morning... :-)

Many thanks, Jean Luc, for your tremendous support and patience and of course for the great software. So glad I jumped ship ;-)

Best wishes,
Darren Sugden

try to remove all your config files. Particularly AControls.cfg, in FMGS Server folder (keep a backup somewhere).
Did you try to open FMGS config and save back the calibration (wihtout changing it)?

jeehell
08-17-2017, 05:49 PM
yes this one is tricky unfortunately :( glad this solved it though.

Cheers
JL

masterp
08-19-2017, 06:59 AM
Oh that really a tricky one. I have never thought that acontrol.cfg is the reason for mcdu problem. I got the same problem with B48.1.
i always using the backup Acontrol.cfg from previous version, since setting up joystick each new version is taking a lot of time.
thanks JL, I will try to use the new Acontrol.cfg and let's see if it solve the mcdu problem.

imported_Suggy
08-20-2017, 02:16 AM
Unfortunately I had the error reappear. I'm wondering whether it's scenery related as it came up in the same vicinity I was flying as the last time it occurred. I flew a completely different route yesterday without a hitch...

Darren

jeehell
08-20-2017, 07:30 AM
On which MCDU page?

imported_Suggy
08-21-2017, 06:56 AM
On which MCDU page?

Sorry, I cannot remember. Probably the PLN page. I noticed it a short time after it occurred. In other words, it didn't happen as I pressed a button.

Regards,
Darren

jeehell
08-21-2017, 07:15 AM
Sorry, I cannot remember. Probably the PLN page. I noticed it a short time after it occurred. In other words, it didn't happen as I pressed a button.

Regards,
Darren
without details I cant help you. it can be many things...

imported_Suggy
08-21-2017, 10:15 AM
without details I cant help you. it can be many things...

Thanks, Jean Luc. I wasn't asking for help on this occasion - just reported it. The important thing is that I know how to get things back working again.

All the the very best,
Darren

masterp
08-21-2017, 11:57 PM
Hi JL, I also got the "MCDU error and report issue" randomly. Yesterday I got this error when MCDU in PERF, my aircraft was on Descend phase, press next to APPR phase and then MCDU error. After 10 minutes, it automatically returned back to normal without touching any button.
The MCDU error is occurred especially from B48.1, I also reported on bug tracker this issue with VVDN RNAV arrival 35L.
Thanks

mike24
08-22-2017, 05:34 AM
Hi
I also have a problem with the latest build 48.1 with mcdu
But my problem since 48.1 is it won't save setting in full screen as I have hardware type mcdu when it starts it goes straight in to a full version of mcdu rather than just the screen I have ticked the sceen only adjusted the screen saved it but won't save
Thankyou

cmdr114b
08-23-2017, 02:49 AM
Mike,
I had this problem after I updated to 48.1 but was corrected with an automatic update that uploaded the new MCDU exe.
Is your PC connected to the internet?
John

mike24
08-23-2017, 01:09 PM
No mcdu pc not on internet
in used a full 48.1 setup file to update
Thanks for reply

LE CORRE
10-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I am Thierry

These are my fisrt steps in sim A320,Jeehell B48

I have problem with my 2 MCDU. Exactly what you had (Perf and prog message)

Could you please detail what you did to solve the problem with the Config file ans AControls.

have I to calibrate everything again ?

I thank you by advance.

Thank you very much

Thierry

LE CORRE
10-13-2017, 09:17 AM
Hi,

I am Thierry

These are my fisrt steps in sim A320,Jeehell B48

I have problem with my 2 MCDU. Exactly what you had (Perf and prog message)

Could you please detail what you did to solve the problem with the Config file ans AControls.

have I to calibrate everything again ?

I thank you by advance.

Thank you very much

Thierry

LE CORRE
10-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Dear sir

I found the solution with Acontrols. Thank you very much for your old chat..but it solved me.

It was a problem with the joystick as Jeehell explained it. I did the whole configuration ;-)

No more problem with MCDU...but very Strange..isn't it ?

I have an other question, please

Impossible to have GEN1 and GEN2;...I fly with the FCU

Do you have any idea ?

best regards

thierry