PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS B48

Pages : 1 [2]

Mitch95
11-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Hello,
About FPLN path sometimes not displayed on ND : I've already got this issue...
Even before B48.
This seems to be a little bug which randomly occurs ; so, it isn't easy to reproduce in order to fix it...
Both ND's are impacted when the problem occurs.
It can be detected as soon as the FROM/TO and ALIGN IRS are set in INIT A page.
At this time, the airport ICAO code where you are, must be displayed on ND (on both NDs if you own a dual seat simulator) : LEBB, EDDL, LFMN or other...
If you didn't see this indication at this time, sure that you're about to get the issue as soon as you have created your FPLN...
This really looks like an information that randomly would not be sent by the server to the NDs ; you can easily solve this, by completely reseting FMGS Server (no need to reset the clients FMGS).

Hope this will help ;-)

Michel

diogofcr
11-23-2017, 04:47 AM
Probably AIRAC 1710+ have a QFU different than the stock P3D (or the addon scenery you may use).
This means my soft is not able to detect the correct runway anymore and it uses bad data.
Try to use Hervé Sors RWY/ILS fix tool http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

I think I figured out what the problem is, I am running the server on a different computer than FSX so it doesn't read the scenery.cfg and doesn't know the runway courses?! Is there a tool to build the navdata folder from the FSX computer or do I have to install the FMGS server in the computer with FSX and build the navdata folder from there?
The old navdata folder that I was using was built from the computer with FSX because I was running the FMGS server in that computer at the time, that is why it works I guess

romeow
11-23-2017, 05:11 AM
Hello,

a question to Skalarki's TQ owners:
Is it possible to assign the trimwheels to turn back to trim value 0 after Touch Down? And if yes how do I proceed? At the moment they hold last position/value just as it was before Touch Down.
Regards
René

Leonidas
11-23-2017, 09:28 AM
I think I figured out what the problem is, I am running the server on a different computer than FSX so it doesn't read the scenery.cfg and doesn't know the runway courses?! Is there a tool to build the navdata folder from the FSX computer or do I have to install the FMGS server in the computer with FSX and build the navdata folder from there? The old navdata folder that I was using was built from the computer with FSX because I was running the FMGS server in that computer at the time, that is why it works I guess

I don't think so. In my case, they run in the same PC both P3D and FMGS server.
I'll try what JL wrote, even though I think I've tried this tool once without success.
I'll try also your runways in Portugal this afternoon and feedback.
Regards

asessa
11-23-2017, 09:34 AM
I think I figured out what the problem is, I am running the server on a different computer than FSX so it doesn't read the scenery.cfg and doesn't know the runway courses?! Is there a tool to build the navdata folder from the FSX computer or do I have to install the FMGS server in the computer with FSX and build the navdata folder from there?
The old navdata folder that I was using was built from the computer with FSX because I was running the FMGS server in that computer at the time, that is why it works I guess

You've to copy all .bin files , navdata1 and navdata2 directories from a320jl/navdata on server to client.
This everytime you install new navdata cycle.

Leonidas
11-23-2017, 12:09 PM
I am also having this problem so he is not the only user. Sometimes the flight path line shows sometimes it doesn't and sometimes neither the flight path neither the waypoints appear. I am using the most updated AIRAC (1712) and Navdata folder is the same on all computers, so yeah Jeehell has to see what is going on and fix it, I have done like 10 flights without flight path on ND.
I am also having ILS LOC alignment problems (not sure if it is same as yours). Since AIRAC 1710 (when I change to AIRAC 1709 it is fine) that the ILS courses are wrong in some airports, for me it says LPPT rwy03 course is F031 (RAD/NAV mcdu page) and the real one is F026, the problem is I can't change it and it puts me out of alignment. Same happened today on LPPD, rwy30 course is 300 (published on charts) and RAD/NAV MCDU page said F311. I haven't tested it in more airports but this is really annoying, I thought it was an AIRAC problem but I tested today with 1712 and it still has the same problem, what should I do? Right now I can't do ILS approaches...
The problem is only on the RAD/NAV page I guess because on the airport page the runway course on the runway list is fine

Your runways are OK to me. LPPT03 shows F025 and LPPD30 shows F300. I use AIRAC 1712.
Unfortunately mine are not, even after using tool from http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html
Regards

diogofcr
11-23-2017, 01:01 PM
The problem is that jeehell fmgs server is running on a different computer than FSX/P3D and I think the server uses the scenery.cfg to create the .bin files, without having them it will make wrong information? I believe that is the problem

asessa
11-24-2017, 03:57 AM
The problem is that jeehell fmgs server is running on a different computer than FSX/P3D and I think the server uses the scenery.cfg to create the .bin files, without having them it will make wrong information? I believe that is the problem

Uhm , i think your installation isn't correct...the FGMS Server must be on FSX/P3D pc.

http://www.jeehell.org/EN%20-%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

jeehell
11-24-2017, 04:39 AM
You can have fmgs server on a remote PC, but indeed you need to build the navdata with the data form P3D. You can either copy the fmgs server to the P3D PC or install a copy of p3d on the fmgs server PC.

diogofcr
11-24-2017, 05:06 AM
Uhm , i think your installation isn't correct...the FGMS Server must be on FSX/P3D pc.

http://www.jeehell.org/EN%20-%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

Not really, since version B46 it can be on a remote pc...

You can have fmgs server on a remote PC, but indeed you need to build the navdata with the data form P3D. You can either copy the fmgs server to the P3D PC or install a copy of p3d on the fmgs server PC.

Oh okay I didn't know that part, thank you for the information that explains everything. You should build when you have time some kind of tool/program to build the navdata folder but ofc that is not a priority compared to other improvements you probably are doing.

dkreiskott
11-24-2017, 12:47 PM
I have writen a Tool that can do all for you.
you can find it on http://www.ai-Traffic-Editor-x.de, it is called updnav.
link is on the left side of the page.
manual is in German and englisch.

diogofcr
11-24-2017, 02:21 PM
I have writen a Tool that can do all for you.
you can find it on http://www.ai-Traffic-Editor-x.de, it is called updnav.
link is on the left side of the page.
manual is in German and englisch.

Oh okay thank you!!

I confirm that after making the .bin files on the FSX computer the problem is fixed.

buentead
11-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Hello,
About FPLN path sometimes not displayed on ND : I've already got this issue...
Even before B48.
This seems to be a little bug which randomly occurs ; so, it isn't easy to reproduce in order to fix it...
Both ND's are impacted when the problem occurs.
It can be detected as soon as the FROM/TO and ALIGN IRS are set in INIT A page.
At this time, the airport ICAO code where you are, must be displayed on ND (on both NDs if you own a dual seat simulator) : LEBB, EDDL, LFMN or other...
If you didn't see this indication at this time, sure that you're about to get the issue as soon as you have created your FPLN...
This really looks like an information that randomly would not be sent by the server to the NDs ; you can easily solve this, by completely reseting FMGS Server (no need to reset the clients FMGS).

Hope this will help ;-)

Michel

Thank you, Michel, for the explanation, which was very helpful to me. I installed FMGS on the server from scratch, now the flight path is visible again.

Adrian

startrail
11-26-2017, 01:28 AM
Hi,

Has anyone faced an issue where autopilot does not follow GS despite capture of ILS.

thanks

Mike

spiliot
11-28-2017, 05:22 AM
What mode was the autopilot on when this happened?

startrail
11-28-2017, 06:44 AM
What mode was the autopilot on when this happened?
Approach mode

spiliot
11-28-2017, 02:09 PM
If this is consistent what are the conditions leading to this problem and especially the FMA modes displayed in the PFD before and after the event?

startrail
12-01-2017, 03:37 AM
[QUOTE=spiliot;170453]If this is consistent what are the conditions leading to this problem and especially the FMA modes displayed in the PFD before and after the event?[/QUOTE

Thank you for your replies and concern. Can you try landing on OLBA rnwy 16 and check if AP will follow GS

jeehell
12-03-2017, 05:39 AM
New version is out, continue on this thread:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31989&