PDA

View Full Version : SimPatcher causes crash in FSX

TheLever
04-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Since B47, I have had FSX crash due to SimPatcher. Also, having SimPatcher enabled, I notice the plane is accelerating rapidly under idle power on the ground (and, no, I shouldn't be that light). What all does SimPatcher do for me (well, assuming it should not crash)?

Thanks for a great piece of software, JL!

Boaz

spiliot
04-11-2017, 07:34 PM
If you're referring to the crash on exit issue (or the occasional on startup), it has been discussed in the main JH thread already and it is not FSX specific, it happens equally on P3D...

TheLever
04-12-2017, 01:58 AM
No, this is not on exit. This is in mid-flight.

Tasso
06-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Same for me. FSX crashes several times in mid-flight due to simpatcher :(

michael1508
06-10-2017, 05:21 PM
simpatcher problem also for me!

Just updated to B47.4.1. Now in initial startup, FSX wants to verify the simpatcher.dll and just freezes.

What can I do? Where exactly can I find this issue in the long B47 thread?

Michael

jeehell
06-11-2017, 03:42 AM
simpatcher problem also for me!

Just updated to B47.4.1. Now in initial startup, FSX wants to verify the simpatcher.dll and just freezes.

What can I do? Where exactly can I find this issue in the long B47 thread?

Michael
I had an issue once which looked like that. I cannot find the reason yet
Windows applies some sort of compatibility flag on simpatcher module (for unknown reasons), called "IgnoreFreeLibrary".
If this is your issue, you need to look in the registry, in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers] and remove anything related to simpatcher.dll with "ignorefreelibrary".

michael1508
06-11-2017, 04:46 AM
Jean Luc, in my case the manual replacement of the simptach file from jeehell.org/simpatch did fix it yesterday night!

let me know, if I can help with some logs or other Infos from my installation settings

Michael

jeehell
06-11-2017, 04:55 AM
you're saying you replaced the DLL for your FSX installation by the one I explicitely said is only for P3D v4??? there is no way you'll have the simpatch working ... maybe there is no crash but that just means FSX disregarded the DLL as it is a 64 bits one...

michael1508
06-11-2017, 05:47 AM
didn't recognice, it's for P3D only. However, FSX then asked for validation and startet.
I was then flying with good weather, so can't tell, if WXR is effectively working.

Going by your comments I guess it will not...will check today and if required, also check your other hint with the registry.