PDA

View Full Version : Wxr not working

mike24
04-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Can't get wxr to display on my nd
I am networking using as16 on client
I have set up main pc running p3dv3 in jeehell config I have pointed towards war folder all sharing is good can change files from outher pc both ways
I can see dem files in wxr folder on p3dv3 pc
On client I have pointed towards wxr folder On main machine
I have made shure I have the right type of weather in the area I can see it on as16 display
My nd displays terrain ok I use win xp for nd client is that ok
Thanks for any help
Mike

EdwardInBeijing
04-11-2017, 04:08 AM
Can't get wxr to display on my nd
I am networking using as16 on client
I have set up main pc running p3dv3 in jeehell config I have pointed towards war folder all sharing is good can change files from outher pc both ways
I can see dem files in wxr folder on p3dv3 pc
On client I have pointed towards wxr folder On main machine
I have made shure I have the right type of weather in the area I can see it on as16 display
My nd displays terrain ok I use win xp for nd client is that ok
Thanks for any help
Mike

Hate to say it but - Me too.

WXR Directory is shared and shows updating every few seconds on slave machines
The shared directory is configured in the config utility.
The dll.xml file shows the correct <Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> entries.
The tilt shows on the display
There is weather to see on flight
but no display.

OmniAtlas
04-11-2017, 04:47 AM
Hate to say it but - Me too.

WXR Directory is shared and shows updating every few seconds on slave machines
The shared directory is configured in the config utility.
The dll.xml file shows the correct <Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> entries.
The tilt shows on the display
There is weather to see on flight
but no display.

Are you guys using ASN or AS2016?

I am trying to confirm if the issues I have is to do with ASN.

My weather works, but updates are often slow, I don't get the right sided sweep, and the weather pattern only becomes active after the aircraft is moving.

Sometimes the weather patterns become 'compressed' (like there is a lag in positioning between the P3D computer and server computer updating coordinates so the image is not updated in time). Could be network lag as well as I am currently running the visual generator (P3D) on wifi (temp setup).

Here is an example:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12228&stc=1

EdwardInBeijing
04-11-2017, 05:15 AM
Are you guys using ASN or AS2016?

ASN at the moment but will probably upgrade when I get everything else working.

and I'm not getting any sweeping action. Just tilt.

mike24
04-11-2017, 11:46 AM
I'm using as2016 it did show only for a few seconds on nd but then not shown since
Just getting a white sweep then nd permanent white no sweep until i turn wxr off
I am also configured with dll.xml file correctly

mike24
05-04-2017, 03:15 AM
Is the wxr working ok now for all of us or are people still having issues I have been away for 3 weeks so just catching up
thankyou

OmniAtlas
05-04-2017, 04:07 AM
Is the wxr working ok now for all of us or are people still having issues I have been away for 3 weeks so just catching up
thankyou

I've managed to solve my problem -- https://soarbywire.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/problems-with-asn-and-fmgs-weather-radar-interfacing/

mike24
05-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Can't see that entry in the FSUIPC4.ini file in the Prepar3D\Modules\ directory and ensure the line “ASNwxRadarPath=”
Where is the 47.1 download
Thankyou for the help

cmdr114b
05-05-2017, 02:25 AM
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B47.1.exe

mike24
05-29-2017, 02:21 AM
After a long time i found out my graphics card not up to the job old machine with win xp
but it did run everything else like pfd and nd including terrain but for some reason not the wxr
I have run the nd on another better pc and the wxr works perfectly
Hope that helps somebody

SwissFlyer
06-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Hello at all. I use AS16/FSX. i want to add WXradar on the ND. Nd is on a ClientPc. How can i setup this? I try it with the UserGuide with no luck. Can somebody help, please??

OmniAtlas
06-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Hello at all. I use AS16/FSX. i want to add WXradar on the ND. Nd is on a ClientPc. How can i setup this? I try it with the UserGuide with no luck. Can somebody help, please??

Go to http://www.soarbywire.com

Under the FMGS -> Tutorial section I've written up a section on how to setup the weather radar on the client.

If you are using 47.4.1 there maybe an issue with simpatcher (you need it for the WXR to work), but this may only be applicable to P3D v4.

michael1508
07-01-2017, 06:51 PM
looks like we have the same problem with FSX under 47.4.1. Can someone confirm?

I had it running after updating to B47.1 but since updating to B47.4.1 it's not working anymore.
After installation it started with an error on FSX startup, when it came to the simpatcher notification window. I couldn't accept it. I then found a fix for that, altough I learned later, that this was for P3D, only. However, FSX was now starting. But unfortunately still no WXR on th ND :-(

Can you help?

OmniAtlas
07-01-2017, 10:40 PM
You need to use 47.5 which might fix your simpatcher and weather issue (it works for P3D v4, not too sure about FSX). This has not been officially released but if you look at the beta release thread JL has posted a link to download.