PDA

View Full Version : Anyone flying with CPDLC AOC-Client in Jeehell?

imported_Suggy
03-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Hello everyone.

I am wondering whether anyone is flying with the CPDLC-Client (http://www.dalpi.de/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=82)?

I have watched the three tutorials (clink on the link above) but cannot get to the programme to appear on the Jeehell MCDU.

I am confident I have the set the CPDLC Server and MCDU configuration files correctly:

#1 For the CPDLC server config file I have the ServerIP as the address in which the CPDLC server is running on.
#2 I have inserted my logoncode for Hoppie in the CPDLC server config file.
#3 Also in the CPDLC server config file I have:
ConnectToJLMCDU1=True
ConnectToJLMCDU2=True

The CPDLC MCDU config file also has the correct CPDLC ServerIP address entered.

I have the CPDLC server running on the computer which is running the Jeehell FMGC server (B47).
I have tried running the (CPDLC) MCDU on the networked computer running the Jeehell MCDU and also tried running it on the Jeehell server computer.

The CPDLC MCDU screen remains blank and the menus do not appear on the Jeehell MCDU. If I make the CPDLC server so that ConnectToJLMCDU1=False the programme runs fine i.e. no blank screen on the CPDLC screen. Of course I am after the CPDLC running on the Jeehell MCDUs.

If anyone is running the software successfully, I would be very keen to know what your set-up is.

Thanks in anticipation,
Darren Sugden

cmdr114b
03-24-2017, 12:26 PM
I have this running so I might be able to help.

here is my server.ini file
[Config]
ServerIP=192.168.1.215
LogonCode=*********
MessageID=39
Top=708
Left=1373
MCDU1Port=8010
MCDU2Port=8011
MCDU3Port=8012
DCDU1Port=8013
DCDU2Port=8014
SoundPort=8015
PlaySound=True
StartMinimized=False
ConnectToJLMCDU1=true
ConnectToJLMCDU2=true
PrinterName=Cognitive Advantage LX 4 inch
PrinterFont=Cockpit Printer
PrinterFontSize=9.46
PrinterLineSpacing=4.43
PrinterOffsetLeft=1
PrinterAddLinesTop=0
PrinterAddLinesBottom=0
PrinterCharsPerLine=88
CrewControl=
ACRegistr=G-EUYY
ALIdent2=BA
ALIdent3=BAW
;0=VATSIM 1=IVAO
ATISSource=1
JnylogUserID=
JnylogPassword=
LPCID1=
LPCID2=
LPCID3=
LPCVers=
PrevOrig=
RemoveJnylogDelay=True
MiniServer=False
MiniServerIP=192.168.1.215
MiniServerPort=5000
JnylogCompany=BRITISH AIRWAYS GROUP
ACType=P320
CompanyMsgMemoOnScratchpad=False

enter your Hoppie logon code at the top of this ini file.

here is my dcdu.ini file

[Config]
HideButtons=False
HideBorder=False
LockPosition=False
AlwaysOnTop=False
Height=297
Top=764
Left=1964
ServerIP=192.168.1.215
DCDUPort=8013
FontBoldText=False

my start order is
P3D first,
then I run the CPDLC AOC Server
Then DCDU1 (also DCDU2 if your are using both).
Then run Hoppie CPDLC Client making sure you specify your ATC Callsign and login code etc.
I then run Jeehell FMGS (for this test I use StaterENGRunning)
Once everything is up and running press ATC COMM button on the JeeHell MCDU (this can take quite a few seconds to come up so be patient).
Then press the NOTIFICATION button and enter your flight number and the ATC center that you entered in the Hoppie client.
Press NOTIFY and wait for the ATC Notified: message.
You should (a few seconds later get a pop up window from the Hoppie client (it has green text with REQUEST LOGON). select your flight number and accept the LOGON.
A few seconds later your DCDU should show a message saying :- ACTIVE ATC: EGLL CTL (EGLL is the one I have configured.)
You can select your flight number from the Hoppie View menu / Planes online menu to get the Message Compiler.
Hope that helps
John

cmdr114b
03-25-2017, 08:11 AM
I should have also said, if you are trying to use a local ACARS server then set "MiniServer=True" in server.ini.
In the CPDLC Client set the ACARS server address to "http://192.168.1.215:5000" obviously changing the IP address and port number specific to you local system.

Run the local ACARS server and then start the CPDLC Client. Connection will then work as previously stated.
John

imported_Suggy
03-25-2017, 01:14 PM
I should have also said, if you are trying to use a local ACARS server then set "MiniServer=True" in server.ini and in the CPDLC Client
set the ACARS server address to "http://192.168.1.215:5000" obviously changing the IP address and port number specific to you local system.

Run the local ACARS server and then start the CPDLC Client. Connection will then work as previously stated.
John

Thank you very much,John.

Thanks to your wonderful instructions, I now have it working :-)

Many many thanks.

It is very much appreciated.
Regards,
Darren

cmdr114b
03-25-2017, 01:39 PM
I am glad you got it working Darren.
John

OmniAtlas
03-25-2017, 05:38 PM
Does anyone know any controllers on Vatsim where we can
actually apply the functions of the software?

cmdr114b
03-26-2017, 02:48 AM
There is a plugin for Euroscope, so I guess some are using it.
As I do not use Vatsim(yet), I cannot say, however there seems to be several threads on their forum that are discussing it so that might give you some leads.
John

Beaufort
03-26-2017, 04:35 AM
Does anyone know any controllers on Vatsim where we can
actually apply the functions of the software?
VATSIM Germany had a CPDLC Night last month http://board.vacc-sag.org/16/60847/ and that is hopefully to be continued.

OmniAtlas
03-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Excellent, I will plan to fly in Germany Airspace in the near future.